Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old November 14th, 2009, 04:55 PM

Default Chicken or Beef?

Which is better? I've heard that chicken is better for you because it has less fat, but I have a friend who is a model and she is on a diet with lean red meat. Does anyone know if chicken is any better for you than beef? Or is the other white meat (pork) the best? I wouldnt think so because I know that it can be very greesy when you cook it. I'm not sure, what do you guys tihnk?
Old November 16th, 2009, 11:35 AM

i love chicken i would take chicken over meat anything.. but i dont alwasye at chicken.. or meat.. espcially not meant im not a big meat eater .. but the red lean meat seems like it should work i mean its not a heavy meat like.. steak or something
Old November 16th, 2009, 12:50 PM

i have to agree im not much of a meat either .so i do eat alot of chicken but i do crave meat from time to time. as for whici one is healthier for you i have no idea.. im asumming chicken but i can be wrong.
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:11 PM

I have been told that chicken is better for you especially when the who mad cow disease thing started, but I thought it was all because of the scare. I personally like beef and stake better than chicken I don't know why. My parents, aunts/uncles are fish freaks...they love fish but my siblings and cousins all love beef/stake....its kindof weird how that happened...But its true
Old November 21st, 2009, 04:59 PM

I normally love chicken because I was told it was better for you, but lately I switched and started eating a lot of red meat. The strangest thing happened! I've started loosing weight while eating steak! I suppose there is this diet called the akens (sp) diet. They use a lot of red meat in their diet. Im not sure if it is better for you or not. I heard that turkey is best for you even compaired to chicken.
Old November 24th, 2009, 03:53 PM

i am a very picky eater but i like to eat alot of red meat. Mind you that i pick the leanest meat i can find while shopping and we cut all the fat off of the meat we are cooking. everybody says the fat has the best flavor but i just cant convince my self that i should knaw on the fatty meat just to get better flavor. i would rather not have as much flavor and still be healthy. i like my family to eat healthy as well so we do the whole salad before dinner then what ever our main course is.
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:06 PM

Personally, I think that lean red meat is really good for your body, at least from what i remember from health class, but chicken is simply overall better for you than red meat in terms of nutrition. However, in terms of taste, beef can have a lot of fat in it which can influence the taste of the meat.....so I think beef tastes beter, but chicken is healthier.
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:22 PM

I've heard that chicken is better for you but I think its all superstition...but thats because I love beef. If you ever tried beef beacon...yes there is beef beacon out there...you'll totally understand where I'm coming from. Chicken is okay but no matter how you cook....it taste the same. Beef you can do so many things with and it tastes soooo good!!!
Old December 12th, 2009, 04:17 PM

I personaly hear all this hype now about fish. We always knew fish was good for you, but no one really serves fish as much unless you live on the coast. I guess if you just ate a ballance between all of them and had your veggies you would be fine. I know your not suppose to have as much meat as ppl do have now-a-days.
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:03 PM

I dont know whether chicken is better or not...but I'll rather eat Beef. I love beef because there is so much you can do with it and make. Although I'd prefer fish over both of them. theres nothing better than some fried fish and rice. Chicken is good I'll eat but if I had a choice It wouldn't be my first. I love Turkey better than chicken even thought they are so similiar.