Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Consumer Electronics

Old November 14th, 2009, 04:52 PM

Default Ipod problems

I just got an Ipod nano for my birthday and I noticed that when I use it it gets really hot! Even when I am just charging it it gets really hot. Is this normal for the nanos? I've never had one before, I only had the shuffle and it never did this. Should I take it back?
Old November 16th, 2009, 11:52 AM

mine does that.. even when its on teh charger on the computer it does it... i even sometimes usenit to warm my fingers if there cold hahah lame i know,. anyways.. i wouldnt be too worried about it.. if your still concerened later on go get it checked out
Old November 16th, 2009, 02:18 PM

yeah i think its nromal for it to heat up in the back... becasue my ipod does the same im mean its not too too h ot where i cant touch it but its warm.. as in i could feel it when i pick it up
Old November 16th, 2009, 05:52 PM

goig to haveto agree,, i believe mine does that as well and its also a nano.. the older ones tho.. and if not then take it to the apple store. im sure there they can answer all your questions and what now..
Old November 17th, 2009, 05:30 PM

i think all ipods get warm from being charged.. just think about it ur causing electrical currents to enter your device so im thinking thats why it causes them to get warm.. my new itouch gets mighty warm when i charge it as well so im thinking it could be many things. but im pretty sure things are fine with it and i wouldnt take it back.
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:00 PM

I had a nano before i got my touch and it did get like that...they told me that it was normal but if anything happens, because i made a complaint that they would replace it....so let them know your concerns they are usually really helpful with that kind of stuff because they've been getting alot of complaints about overheating...i even heard it on the news too
Old November 18th, 2009, 06:20 PM

hmmm i really like the new video nanos.. and when they came out with the chromatics i liekd the bright colors it appealed to me then just the black and white.. and it wasnt like the shinny colors they were solid colors.
Old November 19th, 2009, 05:17 PM

i have one of the first generations nano so mine is pretty old.. i never noticed mine getting hot when i'm charging it.. and it doesn't get hot when i'm using it either.. and i use it for at least 7 hours when i'm at work.. take it back to the apple store and see what's going on!
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:45 PM

I think it is normal for it to get a little warm when you charge it but if it is getting really hot then I think maybe you should just take it in to an apple store and just ask about it just in case so if there is a problem at least they can fix it before it gets any worse.
Old November 21st, 2009, 06:25 PM

I saw this thing on the news that said that Apple had a big problem with the nanos getting hot and burning, even catching on fire! I think that they were addressing the old nanos, but still that is sort of scarry. There was one lady on the news that showed her scar from her shuffle that got too hot while she was running and burned her chest.