Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old November 14th, 2009, 03:49 PM

Default Homemade Hair Treatments

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone here uses homemade hair treatments for dry and brittle hair? My hair has gotten very dry and even breaks. I have never been a fan of using bought products, but I have tried a few and they have not helped so I am turning to homemade treatments. Do you have any ideas that you have tried or heard of working?
Old November 16th, 2009, 11:24 AM

hmm good question.. i thinkyou should google it because im sure there are other ppl out there who have heard of some and tried them .. so thatw ay you have feed back.. come back and let us know !
Old November 17th, 2009, 04:01 PM

haha yea i have heard of a few diffrent things to use as hair softner but i dont think i would be able to use them.. one of them is washing your hair with mayonaise and another is washing your hair with egg yoke. both totally gross if you ask me. but i think that you should google it.
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:57 PM

you can try doing an egg treatment...just go on youtube and search hair treatments...most people have how to videos on there that have pretty vivid explanations on doing different hair treatments...theres the baking soda treatment or the mayo treatment...also if you want to make you're hair a shade lighter do a lemon treatment...it works kindof I did it when i was younger and my hair got a little lighter with out dieing now it gets lighter in the sumer on its own its weird...

youtube should be a great help though
Old November 21st, 2009, 02:48 PM

I have tried the egg yoke thing and all I got was grossed out and a mess to clean up in my tub! I didn't notice a difference with my hair. I thought I found a cheap and easy way to treat my hair, but it was just messy and sort of smelled too ! At least my husband thought it was a great laugh. I'm still thinking up something to get him back.
Old January 11th, 2010, 05:47 PM

their's the mayonaise thing and the egg treatment. My mom used to do them to my hair when I was younger but now I dont bother doing them on myself. I dont have the time to actually put the stuff together. There are places you can go and buy the hair treatment so you dont have to go through all the trouble yourself. Also you can get all the recipes on line.
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:46 PM

hmm yeah if anyone has a treatment on how to help your hair grow.. im gonna have to ask you for ity! becasue my hair is growing wayyy tooo slow and i need my long hair.. well want it back haha
Old January 13th, 2010, 03:18 PM

There's alot you can do online. You can probably get some idea on line but I always heard about mayonnaise being able to help as a treatment. Also they're organic products that you can buy online line and even at CVS that has organic hair mayonnaise formula for hair treatment. I really like using the hair mayonnaise formula and the olive oil protien treatment so you should probably check those out.
Old January 26th, 2010, 07:00 PM

i was reading in a magazine that if your wanting to grow strong healthy hair the thing to add to your hair is evoo (extra virgin olive oil) leave in for 5-10 mins then shampoo and condition your hair.. it should help make you hair shine, and become thicker and healthy. the internet has a million at home hair treatments.
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:35 PM

I use the olive oil treatment too. And it leaves your hair really silky feeling. I know that they hair mayo stuff works soo you should check that out too. But I know that my hair gets extra dry and brittle in the summer so I usually just use both the olive oil conditioner and the hair mayo. Just to kind of get some extra conditioning in.