Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old November 12th, 2009, 06:49 PM

Default Instant Noodles

I don't eat this often but we do have tons of them at home. i guess my mom likes buying them just in case we get hungry.. but how bad are they? someone told me that they are actually pretty bad for your health? my friend always eats them so i was just wondering will that cause damage in the future?
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:00 PM

They are bad for you, but cheap. They are basically all salt and starch. You can make them a bit for healthy for you by adding some veggies to the mix. Otherwise they are fine to eat once in a while (better than a bag of potato chips!). There are some that have dried veggies in them, but that wont replace fresh veggies in your diet (plus they are a very small amount).
Old November 16th, 2009, 04:57 PM

yeah i have a friwend who east them all the time.. its really bad for her .. but i will admit i do eat them from time to time but nothing compared to her.. yah they are cheap but they are also good.. haha my mom stopped buying thrm becaseu they were soo bad
Old November 17th, 2009, 04:58 PM

i live off of top roman i know its super bad for your health but i love eating them. so quick, easy and cheep. there are many things you can add to them to make them a little bit healthy! like adding fresh meat to them. or adding veggies and using only half of the flavor package. i think they make quick simple instant meals i know there bad for you but ohh so easy!
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:07 PM

I heard that they were bad for you too...but they are soo good atleast some of them are...And they're really cheap and easy to make really fast. but you can try cutting down stuff in half and see if that helps...

My mom used to buy them all the time then she started buying the cup of noodles for me to take to school for lunch and stuff when i was in High School...they were good until she heard that they were unhealthy
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:12 PM

Yeah they are bad for you they have a lot of msg which is really bad and a lot of salt and it is just not very healthy to eat but I think it is ok to eat occasionally maybe like once a month or something but not something you should eat daily or even week to week. I dont know for me if i eat it too much I get a headache so I dont know if that is just because I used to eat it a lot or its like a side effect or something but yeah.
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:10 PM

It'sthe SALT content that is really bad. D: It's so full of sodium. To eat all of that sodium at onbce would be eating your entire day's worth of sodium, and then some, especially when you haven't eaten anything...I used to have two packages of Ramen Noodles when I was really hungry, so now I feel bad. I'm surprised I didn't OD on sodium. XD
Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:09 PM

i'm not a big instant noodle eatter but i heard that is it bad for you. all the salt in it. i remember when i was in high school my history would buy us cup noodles but never let us drink the soup. she would always tell us just how bad the soup was. full of soooodiuM!
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:14 PM

I used to eat these like if they were going out of style. They're especially good on cold days that you which you had soup...u just pop one in the microwave heat it up and you're in business. I know they're not healthy, but they taste so good. And I love eating them. I might go back to buying them now with my crazy class schedule I have this coming quarter.
Old December 16th, 2009, 11:20 AM

Oh come on how could it? its noodles...its probably no worse that eating a burger and some fries and people do that all the time. I love cup of noodles they got me throught my moments when I didnt know what to eat. Especially in highschool when I couldnt find any food to take as lunch...Cafeteria food was nasty!!! I ate them almost every day for 4 years and I'm healthy and I still eat them to this day...so I doubt they make that much of a difference