Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Bath & Body

Old November 12th, 2009, 05:54 PM

Default Shaving your arms

have you guys ever shaved you arms before? i never tried it before.. my arms are semi hairy.. but it doesn't really bother me.. if i ever decide to shave my arm hair would it come back thicker or the same? will hair show up in places that never showed up before?
Old November 12th, 2009, 06:16 PM

i never shaved my arms before.. legs yes but they always grow back looking the same.. but if your arms don't bother you than you should just leave them the way they are =)
Old November 13th, 2009, 05:55 PM

I have shaved my arms before but I dont really like to because they do grow out kind of thicker so I pretty much stopped and its pretty back to normal. but yeah i think if you dont mind then you shouldnt because it does get really annoying when it starts growing thicker. like i shave my legs and the hair grows thicker and really fast i dont know what to do i am thinking of getting laser i dont has anyone done it before does it work well? i wish there was like a permenent way to get rid of the hair
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:30 PM

I had a friend who would save her arms because she didn't like how dark the hair was on her arms. One day we were shopping and I grabbed her arm to pull her along to a store I wanted to go in. I guess she didnt' shave them that day or something because her arms were all prickily! It was so strange! We talked about it (she wanted to start using nair instead) and decided she shouldnt shave her arms. She got one of those combs with the blades in it to help thin out thick hair and she uses that now. No more pricking people !
Old November 16th, 2009, 04:21 PM

i have once .. but it was kinda an accisent.. my friend wanted me to nair my arms and i told her no.. so she asked if she could just do a small part of my arm well instead she did alot so i had to do the rest.. i hate when the hair starts growing back./. i havent nair"d or shaved them since.
Old November 24th, 2009, 05:38 PM

well i think it will grow back the same i think its just a myth about the hair will grow back more and thicker. i think it will grown back the same.. it might be darker because ur old hair had been there howmany years n got naturally lightened by the sun. my hubby liek to trim his arms so the hair is really fine and his dosent seem to grow any faster than when it did before.
Old November 25th, 2009, 01:25 PM

I have shaved my arms, it is. Personally, I do think that while there is a little bit truth to that argument, I haven't seen anything like that yet. Plus, I don't think there will be so much hair that it'll be an inch thick, so I think shaving will be good.

At least, it is good to me.
Old December 1st, 2009, 03:58 PM

i wouldnt shave your arms unless its really that bad because once you start i think it only grows back even worse. one of my best friends decided to shave her arms in like 7th grade worst mistake of her life she now has to shave them like everyday otherwise they start to get prickly
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:23 PM

I did, and it does grow back thicker. Atleast mine did. It was weird. My arm wasn't crazy hairy so my arm hair still looked normal when it grew back. It was jus thicker than it was before. I would never do that again in my life If I can help it. I would advice you not to shave ur arm hair, wax it maybe. waxing isn't as bad
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:19 PM

Its a bad bad bad idea to shave your arms...especially if you have smooth arm hair. When it grows back not only does it grow thicker but it grows back with more hair. I learned the hard way with that now i have to get my arms waxed even though its not that bad...but I have some friends who do shave they're arms on a daily basis and they always complain...its kinda once you start doing it you're not allowed to stop unless you like the hairy look yourself.