Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Women's Health

Old November 12th, 2009, 05:38 PM

Default Morning Sickness

Gah. Right now i'm going through this horrible phase of morning sickness. i don't even know why they call it morning sickness in the first place when it happens throughout the day! argh! anyway, what are some things i can do or eat or remedies to make this feeling go away.. i can barely eat anything because whatever i smell makes me want to gag. HELP!
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:22 PM

Luckily morning sickness will go away! Till it does you have to work on just reducing how sick they make you. Luke warm water sipped slowly (make sure its slow or you'll make yourself sick again) and salt crackers (nibble on them, don't just eat them). They will help so will 7 up and ginger (try a tea or gingerale). Stay away from spicy foods and greesy foods as they will make you feel more sick and more likely to get sick. Good luck and congrats on the baby!

Last edited by Jennelle Cooper; November 14th, 2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old November 16th, 2009, 12:09 PM

congrats!

but yeah ive heard morning sickness can be a big pain .. you just feel like crap and nauseated the entire time.. but like she said it will pass i heard the cracker and water remedy as well.. hopefully you feel better
Old November 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM

awww i hope you feel better,. i can imagine how much of a pain it must be.. to just feel liek that constantly and any smell can just makes you throw up.. ohh the joy of mother hood hahaha. anyways congrats and good luck
Old November 17th, 2009, 03:35 PM

hey welcome to the joys of mother hood. hehe sorry to hear your sick but things that helped me most with morning sickness was a cold bottle of water and a hard citrus candy.. i sucked on halls cirtus coughdrops, those are the only thing that worked. also i would put a cool wet cloth on my forhead anytime i felt sick and it really helped with that.
Old November 19th, 2009, 05:15 PM

Morning sickness Kills! It's just soo miserable.. blah. anyways, if it is really bad then ask your doctor for some medicine to get you away from the morning sickness.. before you jump out of bed, make sure you eat some saltine crackers to calm your stomach. stay away from greasy and fried food. your hormones levels are rising so your disgestive system isn't goingt o be taking food as quick as it use it. it usually lasts until the second trimester so hold on in there! you can also try using something call the Sea Band. I heard it works great as well! take cares and congrats!
Old December 8th, 2009, 05:21 PM

i totally understand morning sickness. i never wanted to wake up when i was pregnate because i knew i was going to be sick. i hated waking up on weekends because my husband n i have a saturday tradition.. we spend time together making breakfast and watching a movie. its our alone time. we like to turn the phone off and jsut relax and talk about our weeks and jsut things that are current in our life.
Old December 8th, 2009, 05:56 PM

im sorry to hear about all of you mommies who have had to deal with morining sickness my cousin was sick through her entire pregnancy, it was the worst poor thing hated it most woman enjoy their pregnancys but not her she was dreading it and wanted those nine months to be over as soon as she could get them over. worst part she had her baby past the due date. it was horrible she was sick all the time.
Old December 15th, 2009, 01:56 PM

ugh i cant even imagine the feeling i hate feeling nasuiated. gah! so i feel for you.. good luck and just drink water and eat somne crackers. if that helps. i remember i once had an english professor who would cancel class becasue she had morning sickness. well it was night sickness becaseut eh class started at 7 lol
Old December 15th, 2009, 04:11 PM

morning sickness can attack at any time. i hated it when i had it. i would be sick all the time. this might sound gross but i usually carryed a plastic bag with me where ever i went because i would always get sick and i didnt want to get sick all over everything so i would simply throw up in the bag and then throw it away. that is the only thing that saved me. i have no clue why i was so sick but i hated it.