Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > Movies Reviews and Recommendations

Old November 9th, 2009, 12:12 PM

Default Precious

I think that its supposed to be coming out soon, its backed by Oprah!! Its supposed to be a really heart felt movie and My entire family are hyped on seeing it. (probably because of Operah) who knows? I think it derived from a book, and being a book nerd I really want to read it.

Have you guys heard of this movie? I'm not sure when it comes out but I really want to watch it!!!
Old November 9th, 2009, 06:48 PM

yeah i think its only in selected theaters tho.. and im sure its out already.. but it does look good. it seems like somethign that will be kinda heartbreaking in the end.. to hear her story.. i want to watch it as well
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:24 PM

This was a really sad movie. Alot of people were tearing up in the theatres I was suprised but It was understanding considering what was going on in that girls life. And whats so sad about it is that alot of girls going up in the projects are going through similar things. I read the book as well and It was really good. It was more detailed than the movie and even more depressing. Its a good movie to watch regardless.
Old January 25th, 2010, 04:57 PM

I saw it...true it was in selected theatres...I think that kinda killed it. But I saw it like 2 times because I went with two different sets of friends that wanted to see it. I didn't mind though so it was cool. But it was a huge eye opener for me....It had its funny parts but the underlying horror of Precious' situation was just....I can't even put words to it, I'm speachless.
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:48 PM

i didn't get to watch this in theaters but it's actually a really really good movie. i wish i knew there was a book for it otherwise i would've read it before i watch the movie. either way the movie was great. very sad but still really good. i'm happy that is won an oscar for it because it really did deserve it.