Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old January 8th, 2010, 04:45 PM

I think since you do like food so much that maybe instead of taking away all the food just cut down. Like if you want a whole piece of cookie instead you just a half or something like that. Or you could just eat a lot of small meals during the day and not eat those regular big meals. and just keep telling yourself don't eat that extra piece of pie or whatever is put in front of you.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:42 PM

I do the same thing. And I started gaining alot of weight. But you can always do the mind trick thing that I heard about. Just put the food on a smaller plate and eat slowly...so If you pile your small plate with food then you're not that bad. But you can also drink a glass of water 30 minutes or so before you eat. Becuase sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger.
Old February 5th, 2010, 05:52 PM

Yeah I love food too. sometimes I eat way too fast and then just eat way more then I intend to and then I feel like barfing after because I ate so much so fast. I really need control myself. I think I will try the water drinking thing because It will probably help a lot since I dont drink that much water and probably is thirst. I also have with junk food but I think one step at a time first cut down on my eating and move on to cutting out at least half the junk food I eat which is a lot since I can sometimes finish a whole bag of chips in one sitting it is so bad. I think I will also try the food on a small plate thing too.
Old February 6th, 2010, 04:16 PM

I would say the best thing to do is to keep up a food log, as well as visually examine how much you eat, like in some television shows where they put all the food they eat on a daily basis on a table and they marvel at how much they actually consume.

But seriously, a food log will help how much you've eaten, how many calories you've eaten, and just keep an eye on how much you eat. You'll at least be aware of the amount you eat, and then you can make changes to your diet.
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:40 PM

Man do I love food....Thats one thing in life I cannot do with out. Its hard for me to constantly watch what I eat. I don't know how...well I know how but I don't know how I'll stick with it. Having a log is a great idea and all but I feel so restricted...I eat when I'm hungry regardless...sometimes I just straight up eat because I'm bored...thats really my down fall I guess...but its oh so true...I'll try the smaller plate thing tho just to see if it works.
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:59 PM

The power of food!!!

I mean its understandable. Its the one thing we can't survive with out. You can survive without a significant other, a job, clothes, electronics. But food. Never. Thats why I think most people's weakness has to do with some type of food of some sort. I'm a totally foodie. So my thoughts are extremely biased on the topic of food.
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:58 PM

Have you thought about eating when you're bored? personally, I used to do that too when there was nothing to do, so what did I do? I ate and ate and ate and ate everything amount of food available. I'm guessing that most be what you're going through right now. I'd find something else to occupy my time, and start to go a little smaller with your portions so you'll at least minimize damage, and hopefully, you'll be able to eat more during your regular meals.