Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old November 9th, 2009, 12:05 PM

Default Eating Right with Apetite

I have a major problem with food. I love it too much. I'll eat even if I'm not hungry. If food is there and its available I'll just eat and eat and eat.

It's probably good that I work out everyday but I know I need to get out of the habit now, since its not a good one to have.

Is there any advice anyone can give me on how to break my habit? I'll greatly appreciate it.
Old November 12th, 2009, 06:22 PM

well in my opinion.. i think you just have to remind yourself to break out of that habit. when you feel like picking up soemthing to eat even if you are full.. just tell yourself that it's a bad idea and you should just wait on it until you body is ready to take in more food.
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:04 PM

You can drink more water! Believe it or not this really works. We do not drink nearly enough water every day. Strangely enough you can reach for food when your body is really just thirsty. To help you I would suggest you drink a whole glass of water every time you want to grab some food. Drink the water first and it does two things. One, you'll find out if your just thirst and the water will curb the feeling of needing to eat. Two, when you do eat you'll eat a lot less. Your stomach will fill more full with the water and so you wont feel like you need to eat that extra burger. Hope this helps.
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:39 PM

Im the same way Its very hard for me not to finish a plate that has been set down infront of me. I just serve myself smaller portions and drink alot of water...you'll never notice how hunger is mistaken for thirst. That solved my problem. I dont know if it'll neccessarily completely solve you'res but its a good solution...it worked for me.
Old December 15th, 2009, 11:37 AM

yeah i heard of drinking a glass of water if your hungry at midnighrt.. its suppose to stop your craving. but yeah i eat when im bored, sad, happy , haha anything im alwasy eating.. its weird becasue sometimes i eat soo much in a week . and other times i just dont feel hungry and i will maybe eat once a day and its something like a bowl of rice.
Old December 15th, 2009, 01:34 PM

hmm good idea i think i remember reading that in a cosmo once. and hopefully it work i normally drink lots of water but lately ive been lagging in that department lol. so i need tog et back to it.. perhaps thats why ive been eating alot more .
Old December 16th, 2009, 11:07 AM

SAME HERE!!! How I can eat the amount I do and not gain a rediculous amount of weight is beyond me. One time I did try to break the bridge that connected me to food kinda make it longer you know...I would eat smaller portions of food or use a smaller plate...you'll be suprised how much of it is all mental. I'm the type of person when I put food on my plate I have to eat it all...so that worked for me. I went from a size 8 to a 6...knocking on size 4's door. I should've stuck with it but then thanksgiving came around and it just blew out the window....
Old December 21st, 2009, 12:51 PM

hahahaha...I know its hard especially when food is like your bestfriend like me lol. But I try to eat smaller protions of food through out the day...so instead of 3 heavy meals I have 6 light ones with snacks in between...My mom thinks I'm crazy eating so much but it actually works for me. I never get that hungry feeling or anything its really good.
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:56 PM

Try maybe spreading out your portions of food. So instead of eating three healthy meals you'll eat six small ones. I usually do it that way and it works for me. I have a major problem with food too because I love it too much. It sucks because my weight never stays the same it's always fluctuating and all over the place. I've been trying to keep my weight steady because I know its not healthy for it to be going up and down like that.
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:39 PM

Its almost impossible to break you habbit. I've been trying but I mostly just work out hard to try to cancel it out. Its okay I guess because I haven't really gotten overweight. Yea I gained weight but its okay. I'm happy I guess, I just need to tone it up a little bit. Sometimes I hardly have enought time to eat because I'm so busy with work and school that I hardly find time to sit down and actually eat with a heavy apetite. Its usually on vacations and breaks that I eat like crazy especially when I'm home all day.