Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old November 7th, 2009, 04:59 PM

Default Wii for Grandma?

I was thinking about getting a Wii system and the Wii fitness for my grandma. She doesn't get out much and I thought she would like how cool the games are and it gets her moving around which is good. What do you guys think? I know that Nursing homes love the Wii games for activities for the elderly.
Old November 9th, 2009, 10:51 AM

I think that that would be awesome!!!
It makes me want to buy my Grammie a Wii, I know she'll love it since she was all hyped up when I showed her how to play guitar hero.

I think its great that you're going to do that. It would help her be more active trust me. You should get it for her!!!
Old November 11th, 2009, 03:00 PM

I just recently heard on the news that the Wii has caused some elderly people to get injuries. However minor it may be, an injury is an injury. Just make sure you're Grandma is careful when she's moving around with it...so she doesn't slip and fall or twist something...I dont think its that big of a deal as the news hyped it up to be...but just to be safe i'm letting you know.
Old November 11th, 2009, 06:30 PM

i think you just have to be careful everyone gets hurt.. just know your limits.
anyways. but yeah i tin this is a perfect way for the eldery to work ou.. my gma on the other hand is super active shes alwasy at the gym .. shoot ! shes even as big asi am and i wear a size one.. shes alwasy trying to borrow my clothes haha
Old November 12th, 2009, 05:51 PM

i personally think that would be a great idea! that sounds like something that can keep them busy and keep them active. like someone said.. just know warn your grandparents about their limits and don't do anything that they know they can't do. it would be soo fun to play wii with my grandpaarents =)
Old November 14th, 2009, 04:33 PM

Well I think this is a great idea. It is a safe way to get your grandmother something that is both entertaining and healthy for her. Plus think of all that time you two can spend together teaching her how to use it and play. And you can have fun too because its a Wii! Who doesn't love playing Wii? I do. Besides, this is much safer 9and more fun) than getting her a treadmill! lol
Old November 16th, 2009, 02:45 PM

yeah i think its a great idea as well.. it can go at her speed in her own and she wont to wait at the gym for something to be avaiable. so yeah i think i should get this for my grandma for christmas.. hmm its a good idea.
Old November 17th, 2009, 05:02 PM

i think a wii is a good idea to get for an elderly person. but just make sure when you have them doing these games that there stable enough to not slip and fall. last thing you want happening is ur granny breaking her hip because she was playing the wii you got her for christmas. if she is stable sounds like a great thing to get!
Old November 21st, 2009, 04:15 PM

I think this is a excellent idea! I got my grandma a cell phone (had to attached to my plan) for christmas one year. She would love to call and chat (and I loved talking to her) but it was killing my minutes to talk to her because she had a landline. This way she and I can talk for free and it only costs me ten bucks a month!
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:49 PM

I think that this is a really great idea. In particular, the Wii Fit is not so much a high-impact fitness device, but it is very low-impact. Usually, when you're older, you're doing basic walking and basic exercises in order to maintain and improve your health instead of losing weight...and I think that the Wii Fit is the perfect application of this sort of exercise, so I think it's a really good idea.