Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Men's Health

Old November 7th, 2009, 04:42 PM

Default Men and Doctors

Ok, maybe someone here can answer this question for me. Why is it that men hate the doctor so much? I mean I understand that sometimes seeing the doctor can be pretty bad, but men don't have paps or mamograms like woman do, yet they seem to dread the doctor more than woman do. Why men? Is it like asking for directions? You just don't do it?
Old November 9th, 2009, 10:48 AM

From what my guy friends told me about it, its because they dont like people checking out their stuff. I guess they are more self conscious about there make up as compared to women. Women are more open with themselves when it comes to their health where as men they are more prone to just saying if it doesnt hurt too bad then I'm fine. I'm like a guy I hate going to my doctor, I'd rather just take some over the counter pill and sweat it out.
Old November 12th, 2009, 06:40 PM

my dad hates going to the doctor. i honestly can't recall anytime that he went to the doctor.. that's soo horrible.. weve been trying to push him but i guess he's soo much of a manly man to go? that isn't good at all..
Old November 14th, 2009, 02:13 PM

My father is just like that. I don't think he has seen a doctor sense the day he was born. Not kidding! He seriously hates the doctors. I'm not sure what it is about them he hates so much, but he thinks he can cure every illness with a shot of JD and a Nightquil. Its so terrible. Sometimes I worry about his health because even if he does get something like the swine flu I doubt he would see the doctor to get the help he needs till its too late.
Old November 17th, 2009, 04:52 PM

many guys dont like going to the doctor because its a sign of being weak. when you admit that you need somebody elses help its like admitting defeat! my father hates going to the doctor as well but not that he has hitt the ripe old age of 60 hes starting to relise that its ok to go to the doctor!
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:49 PM

yeah seriously.. whats with this.. if i have something and it bothers mei complain.. and then go to the docotrs.. sometimes my dad will hve something and no one will know ... for days sometimes becasue he wont say anything haha idunno man.. men are weird haha
Old November 21st, 2009, 06:46 PM

I bet it is some sort of thing where they are all manly and are so macho that they can fight off any infection they get just because they are all manly and macho like that. lol. Like asking for directions, they dont need too because thats how manly they are. They can find the way without asking for help. I bet there is some sort of gene in men that wont allow them to ask for help. I wonder if cave men were like that too? Can't ask the other men to help you kill the mammoth..have to do it yourself. Men are so weird!
Old December 21st, 2009, 04:02 PM

HAHAHA...guys and their macho egos. It makes sense though. Because everytime on of my guy friends have to go to the doctor they call me and whine about it. I have to get a check up every year just about and they get theres once in a blue moon and they get all butt hurt. My dad doens't like going to the doctor he'll rather suffer...but for some reason he'll stay ontop of my doctors appointments and leave me reminders while he can't seem to remember his own that he him self approve of while scheduling.
Old January 26th, 2010, 06:42 PM

men and doctors do nto get along thats just how life is. i mean my husband acould be laying there looking like hes dying and still refuse to go to the doctor.. his usual responce" oh ill be fine i just need some rest" ugh makes me very mad because one of these days hes going to be in real trouble and wont go see a doctor..
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:56 PM

yeah i dont know why men do not like to go to the doctors.. really i mean the moment i feel like something is wrong i try and fix it as soon as possible.. take medication something.. and guys can have pain for days and not say one thing about it.. like bad cuts or a tooth ache