Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old November 5th, 2009, 07:00 PM

Default Headaches!

gah! i have one right now.. i don't want to take any medicine because they don't even work for me anymore.. is therea ny remedies i can do to make it go away.. i remember someone said squeeze the tip of your fingers and it makes your headache go away.. it does but only if you put pressure on your finger.. anything else?!!?? help!
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:14 PM

If you want the headaches to go away you need to find out what is causing them and getting rid of that. A great deal of the time headaches are caused by stress. If this is the case, you can do some of these tips to help; Relax, take five or ten minutes to yourself. Breathe deeply and slowly and roll your shoulders and neck to get rid of the tention you might not know your holding. In a few minutes the headache will go away.

I also suggest seeing a doctor. Sometimes headaches are pointing to a serious condition, like tumors or high blood pressure. See your doctor and rule out those as soon as you can.
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:45 AM

Most headaches are stress related. I remember during my freshman year of college I took a stress relieving workshop during orientation. They showed us how to do this counting exercise with breathing. You inhale of 3 seconds and then slowly exhale for 6 then you repeat going with next rep for 5 seconds and the slowly exhale for 10 then backe to 3 seconds and 6.

Its supposed to help if you practice it. I'm kindof sceptical but I tried it, I dont know if it was the breathing or me just closing my eyes and relaxing for a little bit, but when I was done I was semi relieved.
Old November 11th, 2009, 02:48 PM

When i get headaches I usually am able to just sleep them off...sometimes It doesn't help so I opt to drink some calming tea...sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't...it depends on the intensity of my headache

I try not to take any pills and leave that to my last option after everything else fails....
Old November 12th, 2009, 05:36 PM

same here.. i'm not a real fan of taking medicines but if worst comes to worst i usually just try to go to sleep.. usually when i wake up i feel like a brand new person with no more headaches! yippy.. like someone said, go to the doctors just so you can be safe about it.
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:19 PM

I get mirgrain headaches and cluster headaches. if you get these types of headaches they are so painful it feels like the pressure in your head is going to pop out your eyeballs and ear drums. Light and sound makes me worse and sometimes I even get sick. if this is the case for you as well, you HAVE to see your doctor. I had an MRI and CAT to make sure there wasn't anything else causing these headaches. I also got an allergy test because they can cause headaches too. Finally I am now on mirgrain meds that I take everyday to prevent them from coming back.
Old November 16th, 2009, 11:59 AM

i hardly ever get headaches but when i do i cannot stand it. my sister gets them all the time.. but she stressed herself out . but when i do get one i leave it unless it really bad and then i'll take an advil or something and sleep it off. alwasy makes me feel better
Old December 16th, 2009, 11:42 AM

Try going on nature walks..that might help relieve the stress that maybe causing your headaches. I usually give my self a footbath after taking motrin. And it works for me and when I start to feel a slight one coming on I take my dogs on a walk and its gone by the time I come back home. Its weird I know but you could atleast give it a try and see how it works for you. It maybe the remedy that works for you too.
Old December 18th, 2009, 01:39 PM

ughhh i have a hugeee! headache. i thnk its from last night.. but im not sure i ahve ahangover since i didnt really drink that much lol but yeah i think its from being stressed and fighting with somenoe.. ughh i need an advil
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:47 PM

I usually try to sleep them off. When I wake up I feel refreshed Its great. But you should try and relieve some of the stress bulidup you might have maybe get a spa treatment or something. Even just getting your mani pedi done relieves lots of stress....that may be causing your massive headaches. Also you can try and do stuff that calms you down...everyone has their own calmer