Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Consumer Electronics

Old November 5th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Default Telescopes

i love star gazing! i already got the whole sky map down so i can pretty much read it without a problem.. now i'm on my way getting a telescope. a beginner one. as for my beginner telescoop the most i'm planning to put down is about $300. does anyone have any recommendations?
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:24 PM

My aunt bought my little cousin a telescope for like $300, and it was one of those ones that you would use in your highshcool astronomy class. I dont remember the name of the company but it was a really nice one. She went to this science convention they were having in LA and she bought one for him. I was so jealous, then he broke it. Everyone was mad, but come on who buys an 8 yr old an expensive telescope?
Old November 14th, 2009, 02:30 PM

I'd suggest looking on ebay. I remember my friend back in elementry school had a telescope. She taught me how to pick out different stars and even Venus with it. It was really cool. I like looking up at the stars but now I live in the city so I dont really get the chance anymore to see them. We should have a city blackout for a national star gazing day. It would be neat lol. Not to mention save energy even if for only one day.
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:52 PM

Checking on ebay could help but if you want to buy a really nice telescope its better to do alot of dad bought me a $500 telescope to put in my balcony at my new apartment and I love it!!! On nights I'm home early from work and I have no homework or projects due I look for constallations and planets and stuff like that. I never asked him straight up how he came about buying it for me but its a very high tech one and he told me he got it through a deal with a friend who shipped it from Europe to him...I know my daddy loves me!!!!
Old December 15th, 2009, 12:11 PM

awww how cute! yeah i remember going to ther mountains with my friend in highschool and she had a cabin in the moutians and she had a telescope in the cabin that we would look through from time to time.. same with my familys beach house we have one on the patio outside. but i hardly ever look through it ,
Old January 8th, 2010, 01:51 PM

i recently went to the observatory and man it was great reallt was im not even really into all those things but i learned alot. saw alot more and it was over just a great experince. its kinda like a date night i mean there are soo many couples there so yeah its a place foer everyone