Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Car Electronics

Old November 5th, 2009, 06:07 PM

Default Changing my oil

okay it's not an electronic but oh wells. lol. i'm over my milage right now and i'm waiting for my dad to change my oil.. he's lagging it a little bit.. and i'm almost over 1,000 miles! is that bad for my car??!? how far can i still go without changing my oil =T i wish i never how to do it myself!
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:54 PM

You'll be fine. Its not like your car says ok, 1000 miles over my oil change, I'll decided to stop working now.lol But it is important to get an oil change. You can go to a car place and have them do it for a charge, otherwise, wait for your dad. At least that is free and it doesnt really take all that long. My uncle did mine for me.
Old November 9th, 2009, 01:23 PM

I dont think its that serious if you dont change it right away. Just wait until your dad gets around to and if you're that nervous about the whole thing kindof nag him a little that would probably get him around to doing it faster. And ask him to show you how to do it if you want to learn how to do it yourself, Dads love showing their kid how to do stuff like that. My dad gets all excited whenever I ask him how to do something.
Old November 14th, 2009, 02:26 PM

I think that is a great idea! Ask your dad to teach you how to change your own oil. Then at least you get to spend some time with him and learn something knew. Also the next time you need your oil changed you will know how to do it! Plus, isn't that soemthing some guys find hot in girls? Like changing your own tire is a turn on. Men are so strange sometimes, but hey if my man knew how to wash his own dishes and laundry (and did!) that would be a major plus for him in my book. lol
Old November 16th, 2009, 04:32 PM

yeah i remember one time i got in trouble for not.. changing the oil in the car or putting water in it haha but i didnt know its was my first car soo now.. my dad makes sure and i remember to put water in it from time to time.. but the oil changehes takes care of that
Old November 24th, 2009, 05:09 PM

when i was younger, it was my first car, and i was getting ready to go on a road trip my dad was lets just double check your oil before you leave.. well there was no oil in my motor im so lucky my dad checked otherwise my motor could have quit working because when your out of oil things lock up and break then it costs alot of money to fix them. anyways i think you should be fine but the cleaner the oil is the better you car will run and the better gas milage you will get.
Old December 1st, 2009, 04:59 PM

idk i know if you dont check your oil the car can quit working my friend and i were driving in laguna beach and her little suv thing started smoking and it quit working. it was so scarry but i guess she drove her car for too long without changing the oil or it was out or something but her car acutally broke. so now i make sure i take my car to the dealer on time. i dont wanna risk my car breaking down on me.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 06:21 PM

yeah.. i still dont know when to do this.. iknow when the sticker says to go but normally my dad takes care of this stuff for me.. i know i know.. theres going to come a time when i cant depend on my dad.. but even then i alwasy had a bf do it for me. ah i just need to learn already
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:10 PM

That'll be the day my dad changes my oil for me...sometimes my boyfriend does but its just easier if I go and get it done by my machanic whose a family friend so I get a family discount. It would be cool to learn how to do it myself, I kind of know the jists of it but its really messy and I dont have the time....Maybe I'll try and do it myself the next time I need to do change it just to see how it goes. I'll probably never do it again after that but its worth the try.
Old December 14th, 2009, 02:15 PM

I am car illiterate...I dont even know where to go under my hood to put or drain the oil...either my boyfriend, brother, dad, or family machanic does it. They know better than to let me mess around with the car machanically so they're ontop of my oil changing stuff. I love my car, its my baby but its sad that i dont even know how to do that simple thing. I wanna learn...maybe I'll actually watch how its done the next time one of them does it.