Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old November 5th, 2009, 05:58 PM

Default Mixing Hair Dye

I never done this before but i was wondering if anyone has ever tried it before? i had a box of chestnut brown and another box of a dark brown.. will it be bad if i mixed it? will the color come out awkward?
Old November 7th, 2009, 03:06 PM

Epp! I have done this once and it is a BAD idea. Once I got to my hairdresser and it was fixed she told me why it was such a bad idea. here is why, the box sets are made up of different chemicals. Some of them have copper in them and others have different chemicals that will not interact together properly. I fried my hair. I mean badly. It was broken and falling out in places. If you want your hair done right, I suggest you pay a little extra and go to a hair dresser. Its well worth it if you love your hair.
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:05 PM

yea its a really bad idea to dye your hair with two diffrent colors.. unless your dying 1/2 your hair one color and 1/2 another.. if you are planning on doing that then you must only dye the 1/2 one color wash it out then dye the other 1/2. other wise the dye will mix when setting and cause the color and chemicals to mix. not a good idea.
Old November 11th, 2009, 05:49 PM

thats a good question. idunno tho.. to be hoenst.. i think worst case possible would be that the two colors didnt mix and turned out to be a totally different color.. but yeah i recently dyed my hair and i love it i thin im going to keep it this shade for awhile.
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:41 PM

WOW...they'res some real serious horror stories on here. But I can see it makes sense with the chemical thing. To be safe just use on color. You don't want your hair falling out into pieces and looking fried. I would cry. I'm thinking about dying my hair too just to make it a shade or two lighter....or even just do highlights...and I'm probably going to do it myself so we'll see how my experiment goes.
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:42 PM

I seriously won't do that. It might not turn out bad but you can never know. So just to be on the safe side just dont try it. If you do want both colors in your hair do like and undertone of one over the other. Those hair stlyes are really cute. I'm beginning to want to dye my hair now just to try out different looks my problem is I can never decide on a color....hopefully I'll be able to do so.
Old February 1st, 2010, 06:51 PM

I wouldn't do it. Even its from the same brand. You don't want the chemicals to have an inbalance and take it out on your hair. Just to be safe buy the exact color you want. Its that simple. Some brands have colors that are mixed together so like copper blonde or straberry brunette. or honey auburn. I forget which brand but there are some.
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:32 PM

Seriously don't do it. Its not wise especially if you love hair. But I know there are for a fact two tone dyes. That migh work best for you so you should check that out and maybe see if you can find a color that you like. I'm not sure how much damage it would do but mixing stuff that has chemicals in it together...is not a good idea espeically if you're not certain about the outcome.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:20 PM

I agree with most people on here too. Its probably not the best of ideas to mix two different types of chemicals together. Especially if you're not quiet sure if they both balance eachother out. Plus you probably don't want to pay the price of finding out. If you want to know for sure you should probably ask a beautician for advice. They should be able to help you more so because they're professionals.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 03:28 PM

I would say to ask a beautician first or the lady at the hair store. They usually know the do's and dont's I would say not to do it but thats all up to you. but if you do try it do a section of your hair a couple of days before you do you're full head to see how it comes out...a couple of days because then you'll be able to see the full effect more so.