Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old November 5th, 2009, 05:45 PM

Default Kanker Sore

i'm not sure if i spelled it right but i have one on my gums right now. it's killing me. it's worst than a coldsore! ARGH! someone told me to put salt on it to kill the bacteria. will that work? i'm scared of the stinging so i don't want to do it unless it really helps! i can barely even eat because of this thing! boo!
Old November 5th, 2009, 06:21 PM

gosh i hate those things! they can be soo painful! i remember when i had a canker sore i asked my boyfriend to put salt on it for me. i seriously can't remember it if worked for me or not but it did sting! someone told me to put salt on it and someone else told me to rinse my mouth with salt and water.. maybe you can check out some over the counter medicine?!? hope you feel better!
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:16 PM

Salt water does work! Also, it is not as painful as using mouthwash with one would be. It is important to keep your mouth as clean as you can (lots of brushing). They are painful, but salt water will help make it heal a lot faster.
Old November 9th, 2009, 10:55 AM

You should try the salt water thing but make sure that the water is warm/pretty close to hot. You can either gargle with it or just do a spot treatment type thing. Make sure you do it 2 times a day, its even better if you could do it after you eat as well. Eventually the sore would go away. It depends sometimes it takes about a week. So hang in there, I know its extremely painful!!!
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:52 PM

ive had one before and i poured a bunch of salt on it.. it stung but it went away pretty quick and it didnt hurt to much more after the salt disolved. i think that salt hurts but it works the best.. you can buy over the counter meds for it but those usually take a few days to make it go away and it usually only numbs the sore so you dont feel it as much.
Old November 12th, 2009, 02:50 PM

i like using perxoide.. i know it sounds weird i alwasy tell ppl but i mix it with some water and basically use it as mouthwash.. cleans out the bateria and germs does sting at forst but its ebarable and goes away pretty fast
Old November 18th, 2009, 06:18 PM

outch sounds soo painful. i hate when i get one i dread it soo much. anywyas try washing your mouth out with peroxide thatsbwhat i do and it semi helps it heal much faster.. other then that i dont really know any other remedies.
Old November 24th, 2009, 04:12 PM

i have had them before and they suck so bad. my mom gets them all the time but she gets hers from stressing out. i feel really bad because i know how much they hurt and i dont want her to have to feel the pain of having a kanker sore. i think stress is the original cause of getting canker sores. there painful but there is numbing medicin your can buy over the counter that numbs them so it dosent hurt.
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:17 PM

I would say salt water and relaxation seem to be the best cure or the most commonly methods of getting rid of it, as well as using peroxide or listerine. That's all I can recommend, this sort of thing usually goes away with time, so I think you'll have to wait until it goes away on it's own.