Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old November 5th, 2009, 05:36 PM

Default Help! I can't keep anything out of..

my 15 month old baby's mouth! it's horrible right now. everything he sees, he put in his mouth. i had to clean out my whole house making sure that there's nothing small laying around. but i still get really scared.. just in case i turn around for a quick second and he snatches something. what can i do to keep anything out of his mouth??
Old November 5th, 2009, 06:54 PM

this sounds liek a problem =/ you should not slap his hand every time he put something in his mouth but give him a gentle tap and let him know that it's a BIG NONO to put things in your mouth. it's going to take a little bit of time but eventually your baby boy will get the message.
Old November 7th, 2009, 03:55 PM

I agree. he is at that age where putting everything in his mouth seems like a good idea. You have to help teach him its not a good idea. A little tap, or just saying "no" sternly would help. you have cleaned out your house, so thats a huge step in the right direction. I'd also suggest that you let people know he is at that age and to keep an extra eye out when he is in their care.
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:40 AM

I agree with having an emphasis on putting something thing in his mouth is a Big NoNo. Once he understands that its something that you dont want him to do he'll eventually stop. That takes time and effort however. But for now you can let close friends, family, and people who he associates with, know that he is at that phase of putting everything in his mouth, So that they too would be aware and put emphasis on No as well. With everyone saying no to him when he starts putting something in his mouth, and its not just you saying no, It might get across faster.
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:30 PM

well when kids are that young thats how they learn things.. they want to taste EVERYTHING. so you just have t watch and make sure nothing too small gets left out.. you may also want to take an baby cpr course so if he does accidently choke you can give him cpr and take proper measures to make sure hes ok.
Old November 12th, 2009, 02:34 PM

its a stage.. all babies go through it.. remember from psych. there was frud or soething like that.. and he said we go through stages in life.. well he would call this the oral stage.. becaseu apparently babies get pleasure form putting things in there mouth.... of course i would just say teething.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:06 PM

all children like to put things in their mouths you just have to watch them and tell them no any time they put something into their mouths that they shouldnt.. when i babysat for my sister she has a 10 month old and he loves to chew on his big sisters barbies.. so i had to teach her to tell him no that we dont chew on dolls. it comes down to things such as watching the child and not leaving little things laying around