Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Sexual Health

Old November 5th, 2009, 05:31 PM

Default Pregnancy Testing Sticks

Can i trust the 'over-the-counter' pregnancy testing sticks? is there a major difference between a specific manufactor brand and the store brand? How many days or weeks do you have to wait until you should check if your pregnant? thanks.
Old November 5th, 2009, 06:37 PM

i can't remember how many, but i beleive you have to wait a certain number of days before you miss your period.. then you might be able to get an accurate result. pregnancy tests can be really expensive but you should get two just to make sure the result is correct. i don't know how much of a difference there is between a manufactor brand and a store brand but they might just be the same? the manufactor just promotes theirs to get sales? who knows..
Old November 7th, 2009, 03:51 PM

You can trust them as much as you can trust how big the number says you can. Some will say 99.9 others say 99.8 and so on. the brand name makes no difference. It is the same chemicals that are testing for the same hormone. What does make a difference is how much of that hormone your body is making. After your missed period you would be making enough to be sure of the results from the test. Before then, you have to read the package to see how soon they can give you results. And take more than one test.
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:29 AM

I'm pretty sure that you can trust them. You should probably wait awhile before you decide to take the test, (they aren't that cheap to buy), because you're period might just be a little late. You should probably do it two or three times to check for accuracy or if you need more assurance. Then you should go see your doctor and get a "professional" pregnancy test administered by the hospital.

I dont think that brand matters, I'm pretty sure that they're all the same. Just dont buy the ones at the dollar store (yes, the dollar store has preg tests), those ones proably aren't that accurate.
Old November 9th, 2009, 06:18 PM

yeah i think you havr to wait a week or like 4 to 5 days i dont really remember but i think day 4 is about the time you can figure out if you are pregnant.. dont most come with two in a box.. but yeah. i really dont know about brand sometimes i go with the names that sound fimilar to me or depending on hown much cash i have.. hahaha wow that sounds bad.. makes it seem like i boughen it more then once.. thats what i did one time i bought it
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:17 PM

i dont know if i would say you could totally trust the over the counter ones.. i think there the same as if you were to go into the doctor and have them swab you. it still reads off the same kind of hormones. i would use ones that garentee that their accurate. i would buy a pack that contains atleast two sticks.. ive used them before and if it say i was prego i would test it again usually the second one says no and im still not prego.
Old November 17th, 2009, 06:00 PM

i would take both test sticks just to make sure because you dont want to get one that readys the wrong thing. take one wait a few hours then take another one and see what it says that way you can be 100% sure its accurate. i took one and it said i was prego i freaked out made a dr appointment and shge was like ur not prego. lol i was like the test said i was she said u always have to take two to make sure.
Old January 15th, 2010, 01:27 PM

i think they are safe to use. they seem to be come pretty accurate and they shouldent make a diffrence between the store brand and the big name brand they should both be accurate. and to be on the safe side i think you should try out two diffrent brands and they should both read the same if you get diffrent answers i would make and appointment with a doctor to get an acurate test.