Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old November 2nd, 2009, 03:02 PM

Default Dark veggies

I heard the celery has a good amount of fiber as a veggie, and that green/dark veggies are supposed to be really good for you. I dont know why really but I've always been told that as a little girl?

Is there truth in that?
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:01 PM

YES! Dark leafy veggies are very very good for you. In fact, studies are showing that elderly who get three or more servings of green leafy veggies a day have slower cognative decline. Also, fiber is really important to have in your diet. Most people don't get enough! Don't shy away from the veggies, just because we have been raised to think we need a meat in every meal doesnt mean its true. Try having more veggies in place of meat a few times a week. You'll feel the difference.
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:08 PM

I love dark veggies. celery is one of my favorit things to snack on. I really love to put penut butter on it and sometimes cheese. My mom says Im weird because I like my PP&Js with cheese on them. All well, it takes good to me. I also like cucumbers with ranch dressing and hot sauce. Who cares if its really good for you too, it taste great!
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:11 PM

I've always heard that too. I love dark veggies too...especially in salads. I'm a salad fanatic. Whenever I make family dinner theres always a salad and when I got to group gathers...guess what I bring? yep a salad. Most people when I ask what to bring to those kinds of things just tell me to make that salad that you made last time. I always switch it up, there are alot of different kinds of salads so many its rediculous. I also love celery but with peanut butter.
Old December 16th, 2009, 11:11 AM

Yep I've always been told that too. My mom used to always make dark greens and make us kids eat it before we could have any dessert or things of that nature. I never had a problem with it because I love veggies...no matter if its dark, light, or in between. The only veggie I dont like is cauliflower...it has no taste its so disgusting...besides that I'm a veggie lover!!!
Old December 21st, 2009, 12:48 PM

My mom always told me that too as well as other people so maybe there is some truth in it. I love dark veggies...any kind of veggies for that matter. Except for maybe brusel sprouts...besides that they're pretty cool. Especially when they're stir fried!! I can't wait for Christmas because of the AWESOME veggie dishes that are going to be there...the people in my family are health nuts so not only the food at our gatherings delicious they're also healthy...not that you can tell anyway.
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:52 PM

I think everybody can say that dark veggies are healthier for you. I love veggies I'll eat them whenever I can. Usually when my mom makes dinner or I make dinner There has to be a salad and some other form of vegetable. I try my best to eat healthy so I can keep myself from getting sick. Because when I do I have the worst time ever.
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:50 PM

I've always heard that too from my pediatrician and stuff like that. I guess it true because she's a doctor and all. Regardless all vegetables are good for you and you should try to eat the designated amount of servings everyday. Fruits as well. I love vegetables the only one I can't stand is probably celery...thats it. Even though its said to have lots of fiber and all that good stuff I cant deal with the tastes and the strings...
Old January 20th, 2010, 03:40 PM

I think theres alot of truth to that for sure. I've always liked eating vegetables so I don't think of it as being bad anyway. But doctors always stress eating leafy dark green vegetables...so it must be really good for you. I love kale so whenever someone makes a dish with that dark veggie in it I'm in the clouds lol. Call me wierd by they taste soo good.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:36 PM

I think we grow up hearing this it's almost automatic really. But I think there's alot of truth to all that. Dark veggies are good for you. I like veggies so it doesn't matter if their dark light or slighly tinted. I love them all. I was the weird kid who liked to eat peas and celery and olives...My mom implemented fruits and veggies early in my diet so I loved it...