Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old November 2nd, 2009, 02:53 PM

Default Bored?

I go jogging almost everyday and I go to the gym all the time. I now realize that I'm getting bored of my work out ethic. Are there any other work outs that are fun and upbeat that I could try that you guys know of?
I've tried yoga and zumba and a cycling class they offer at my local gym. Is there anything else that you guys could recommend?
Old November 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM

i know what you mean.. after while its just a routine just like everyother thing.. but yeah its can get super boring after awhile.. mm..maybe switch up where you normally run or .. go to a walking trail or something.. something tio spice it up a little lol
Old November 2nd, 2009, 05:42 PM

yeah i agree try a walking trail.. or a hiking trail. i remember my freind and i went to one in mont calir i think it was.. and we werent early in the morning before the sun was out so that way we can be on our way down the montain before it got out and let me tell you soo beautiful i loved it!
Old November 5th, 2009, 05:11 PM

i can't agree more with hiking on a trail. it's actually a lot of fun! it's always best to go before the sun comes up because by the time the sun comes up it's way too hot to walk anymore. well at least in my opinion. i prefer not to get sunburned =/ look for a hiking trail with a waterfall.. those are really rewarding to see after a good hike!
Old November 6th, 2009, 03:01 PM

Default Changing it up

I agree changing the locations where you run will keep it interesting. Maybe go to different parks to run. It will be fun to just enjoy a different environment and have different scenery to look at. And maybe when you go work out you get your friends to go with you to make it more fun it will be like hanging out except that you're also working out. I dont know but at least for me working out with friends is so much more fun then working out by yourself which can be very boring.
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:32 PM

I would have to agree with the last post. Try changing where you do your work outs. Or you can try getting someone else to work out with you. The company is great to have and keeps things a little more intresting. If that doesnt work, at least you have someone else to keep you motivated.
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:59 PM

You should try switchin things up a little bit. The gym does offer some pretty cool classes but you can try to do kickboxing. Kickboxing is so much fun, it gets rid of alot of stress and in a weird way relaxes your muscles after you finish working out doing it. I know they offer classes at local clubs and at some community colleges. I love it!!! my friend I signed up together.
Old December 14th, 2009, 12:53 PM

Try something different, out of you norm maybe. Like maybe go bike ridding on the trails or something like that, maybe even hiking. There are different ways to get your work out in. Go swimming at the gym pool or take the cycling class that they have at the gym...well at least I know 24hr fitness has that. Its good to have a structured workout but its not so good when you get bored of doing the same thing over and over....you get less motivated to work out. and eventually you stop so switch it up a little bit. Good Luck!!
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:13 PM

yeah i just need to get motivated again i lost that and in eed it back its very esstienal lol but yeah i think once i do that then i will have the urge to work out like i once use too anyways i feel like running on the tredmill is alot easier for me
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:42 AM

Try doing those DVD workouts. They work pretty good for me when I want to switch thing up a bit. Also dancing helps tone your muscles so maybe you can take a dance class like salsa, or tango...even hip hop or jazz. Also you can try to see if your gym offers Zamba classes...i think thats how u spell it...anyway that class is sooo much fun. My friend's mom takes it at our local gym and I went with her once and I had the time of my life. I cant wait to do it again!!