Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old November 2nd, 2009, 02:50 PM

Default Dry hands

I always have problems moisterizing my hands. Im constantly washing my hands because of my cousin's OCD condition about germs. I dont bother to lotion my hands everytime I wash them because I'm pretty sure that after 20 minutes I'll have to wash them again.

My rest of my family have to go through the same ordeal as me and their hands are fine. IT seems like if I'm the only on suffering.

Is there any type of moisterizer that I can use to keep my hand moisterized after all my washing?
Old November 2nd, 2009, 03:47 PM

just hand lotion.. yeah my hands have been super dry lately and it has to do mostly with the weather so yeah espeically wiht this bi-polar weather we have been having.. its just ridiculous.
Old November 12th, 2009, 06:47 PM

yeah i hardly put lotion on my hands too after i washed them. the only time i really use lotion is after i shower at night.. right before i sleep.. try using the medicated lotion that is specific for dry or crack skin.. especially with the cold weather rolling around.. gotta keep the hands moisturize!
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:15 PM

You can get these special gloves to wear at night. You can put a mosturiser on then put you hands in the gloves and sleep with them on. By morning your hands feel so nice and soft! Also you can get a different soap. Softsoap's milk and honey is a great one that helps keep your hands from getting too dry just by using it.
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:09 PM

I totally understand where you're coming from I have the same feeling about germs and It seems like in the Winter my hands get extemely dry....and I have to spend alot of my hard earned money on expensive hand moisterizers that I finish in a couple of weeks. My mom has the same problem and her hands are dryer than mines but the moisterizers works miracles for her not for me. Its so not fair!!!
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:22 PM

wow i was just talking to my friend about this last night about how my hand situation is getting worst.. like. okay i wash my hands alot! i hate my hand being dirty and i alwys have sanatizer with me so since i wash my hand all the time.. my fingers get really dry and then i have to putlotion on them all the time.. but still after awhi,le they still get dried and i get little cuts sometimes
Old December 12th, 2009, 05:19 PM

Once it gets to the point where you have cracks in your skin then you need to attack that like you would a cut. You need to clean it out and put a triple antibiotic on it. After that, then you can put something to add mositure. I suggest A heel and foot cream. They are SUPER full of all those things you need. Then cover it up! Put on some gloves to keep the moisture locked in so it can be absorbed.
Old December 15th, 2009, 03:30 PM

i hate winter time my hands and my skin drys out so much that i cant stand it. i feel like i have to take a bath in lotion just to keep my skin hydrated. its the worst. o well i guess things could be even worse.. i havent gotten so bad that its turned into ezyma so i guess im sorta lucky.
Old December 15th, 2009, 03:47 PM

dry hands bother me so much. i hate having to deal with the way my hands feel when i they are dry. i try and carry a little bottle of lotion in my purse or bag. so i can keep my hands hydrated. i hate when i meet someone new and i shake their hand and i can feel how dried out their hands are.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:55 PM

olay hand lotion is the best it comes in a purple bottle and its called quench. it keeps your skin so soft and moisturized.. u apply it within 10 mins of gettting out of the shower and it helps to keep the moisture trapped in you skin and then that way you do not get all dried out and scally. it really works good as well is johnsons relax lotion its a light lavender sent.. works really well at night because its calming..