Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Skincare

Old November 2nd, 2009, 02:43 PM

Default Facial sunblocks.

For some reason whenever I use facial sunblock then my skin gets really oily and looks really shinny. Its really bad. Are there any facial sunblock out there that doesn't leave your skin oily and doesn't bubble up when you sweat or have been exposed to heat for along time?

I seriously can't find any Please Help!!!
Old November 2nd, 2009, 04:13 PM

yeah when i put sunblock on i normally dont put any on my face becasue its clogs my pores and makes me break out so i would really like facial sunblock as well im sure they have some.. you just need to look in the face cleansers aisle at target or so.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 05:13 PM

yeah maybe you guys should try using a no oil faceblock they have them its a little thicker then the other ones but it should clog pores or make your skin oily. i mean it doesnt hurt to try..
Old November 5th, 2009, 05:19 PM

GAH! i know what you guys mean. when i went to raging water i put sunblock on my face. bad bad bad.. idea. i mean i didn't get sunburn but blah, i broke out after that! it made my face so greasy. after that, i never put sunblock on my face. thank goodness my face didn't get burned!

P.S. don't put banana boat on your face!
Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:31 PM

I dont really wear sunblock at all. I dont like how it feels and I dont like the smell. Sometimes I cant help but have to use it, because it gets really hot where I live. I use coppertone...i think thats what its called but I dont know exactly. It works pretty good, and it doesnt smell bad, which is a relief. Hopfully in the near future they make a sunblock thats more like lotion than a paste.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 05:24 PM

i use one called advino? and it is specially designed to be used on you face and it helps and it does not cause your face to be too greassy or oily. i always freak out if i put on a sun block on my face that is designed to be used all over because those usually contain alot more oil and so i dont like my face being all greasy feeling so i refuse to use it.
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:27 PM

yeah im always hesitant to put sunblock on my face in the summer because i remember one summer i broke out soo muchafter putting sunblock on my face and never again.. i havent worn it on my face since.. and i know that bad becuse thats one of the first places i get burned..
Old January 6th, 2010, 01:08 PM

I really dont like wearing sunblock at all. It just leaves my skin feeling so oily and looking nasty and dont get me started on the smell. I rather get sunburned than wear sunblock. I can't even remember the last time I wore it.

I dont know if its healthy or not. But I dont think I could really ever do it. Maybe its because I'm not wearing the right product. They need to come out with a better solution for people with sensitive skin because it burns...thats another problem.
Old January 15th, 2010, 02:32 PM

i think there is something about sunblock i do not think it is really that benificial. i mean people survived without sunblock for so many years and now they are basically saying that we really need to use it but i mean some people now days look almost worse than the ladys did back in the day when used baby oil to tan!
Old January 15th, 2010, 04:22 PM

I dont really know about types of sunblock. I usually just those all purpose ones. I don't really wear sunblock that much even when I go swimming but once in awhile i remember. But I don't recently i have been burning more. Like I got two sunburns last summer and I usually dont get any. And recently the skin on my forehead has been pealing so I think it is because of a sunburn I dont really know of any other reason but I probably should be taking more of my skin these days.