Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Sexual Health

Old November 2nd, 2009, 02:18 PM

Default College promoting safe sex

Does your University, College, or Clinic provide condoms to you for basically free?
My college does, its a way of promoting safe sex...Do you think its right? or morally wrong?
If only parents knew what was being subjected to thier kids in college.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 03:44 PM

i actually think its pretty cool.. becasue okay lets face it.. some crazy stuff goes on in colleges these days.. and ppl are going to have sex if they want.. so why not promote safe sex and know that there are condoms there if you need them.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 04:36 PM

better be safe then sorry.. so yeah i have to agree .. i think its pretty cool too.. i mean if they are handing them out for you to use then thats better then just trying to do that whole" pull out " thing lol sometimes that doesnt alwasy workl
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:51 PM

i think its smart.. it provided the students with a safe way to have sex . and like she said better safe then sorry. haha im sure parents who are awasy from the children kinda have a hint about what goes on.. but other then that.. im sure they dont go around asking.
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:24 PM

i think its a good idea for colleges to give out condoms for their students it helps prevent accidents.. and like the college i attend they have what they call the "brown bag" its a bag with 12 condoms for $2 which if you purchase condoms at like walmart your looking at 9 bucks for a 12pack.. such a deal. i think its better to be safe than sorry.
Old November 25th, 2009, 02:52 PM

It's definately a good idea in my opinion.

Even if you went to a private highschool that was a Christian College, you would imagine that there will be people that are going to fool around regardless of who they are...so if they're going to fool around, may as well have them do it safely, you know?
Old December 16th, 2009, 12:27 PM

My college does the same thing. I think its a great program because not only do you have access to the products but they also eductate you when you go in there. I usually just go for the information and know what the stats are and stuff like that...like for instance did you know that 1 out of 5 college students drop out of school because of getting pregnant? or that 1 out of 2 sexually active teenagers would have contracted and STD after only 2-3 years after being sexually intimate for the 1st time...stuff like that is good to know.
Old December 21st, 2009, 02:15 PM

I think its great because it not only educates us on what the risks are but also giving us solutions that are affordable. Its so hard for some people because we are surrounded by sex and things of that nature on a daily basis. And its normal now for people to be having sex and not think anything about it. Not saying sex is a horrible thing, its a beautiful thing but some people need to know the nitty gritty about it. The things that most people over look or just dont share and the Health Center at my college gives you the knowlegde...Its a great program!!!
Old December 23rd, 2009, 04:07 PM

i love how somebody said i wonder if these parents know what the colleges are subjecting their kids to.. problem with that.. there young adults not kids. they are going to be engaging in this kind of stuff weather the college provides condoms or not. i remember when i was in college.. they had a fish bowl type thing full of condoms and if u needed some you just walk by grab a few and continue on your merry little way. i think its a good idea
Old February 3rd, 2010, 03:45 PM

I think that all colleges should promote safe sex. Especially since casual sex being so easy to get to in the college scene. Its not hard to find someone willing to have sex with you and mostlikely you won't even have to ask. I think its great that students are able to get assistance and get information about all the things they might not know when it comes to sex. You'll be suprised how many of us are misinformed about alot of things dealing with this subject.