Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Women's Health

Old October 29th, 2009, 03:58 PM

Default Tampons

I'm so comfortable with them now that I don't wear pads anymore. My mom tells me to wear pads to sleep though just in case i forgot and falls asleep wearing a tampon. Whenever I wear a pad, I always leak a little on my panties so I prefer wearing tampons to sleep. I mean i can put a timer and wake it to it but I was just wondering what is the apprioriate time for me to change it? The maximum time before the whole shock syndrome?
Old October 30th, 2009, 04:15 PM

I thought it was like eight hours or something I dont really know but I dont wear tampons at all. I am just not comfortable wearing them I have never been. I never could actually wear them so I just feel safer wearing pads. I always wear the thing overnight ones because they are large so you wont leak or anything and you barely feel them because they are so thin.
Old November 4th, 2009, 12:00 PM

I'm like Fawn, I'm not to comfortable wearing tampons. I only wear them when I absolutely have to. Like for sports or swimming or dance competions. Thats about it. I'm more of a pad person. I think you're supposed to change your tampons every 6-8 hours, 2-3 times a day depending on how long you wear them each day and how often you shower.
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:39 PM

i love tampons im seriously soo glad i wear them.. idunno i alwasy hated wearing pads.. and like you said you alwasy leak just a little.. for me.. when i forst started using them yeah the hardest part was putting it in right and then taking it out.. but after awhile i got the hang of it..
now i cant even feel it its as if its not there i seriously forget i have one sometimes..

but i sleep with them some times.. not all the time.. but i mean as long as its not in for a ridicious amout of time then your good,
Old November 7th, 2009, 03:43 PM

You can sleep with a tampoon in, but I suggest that you have a liner on as well just in case you leak. Now I know some companies are making tampoons that are for sleeping. I suggest, however, that you switch out tampoons for pads every few cycles because there is some evidance that tampoons can cause 'backup' and can lead to infections. However, you should be fine to sleep with one on (I do, personally, I don't like the idea of sleeping cuddled up to a bloody pad all night) just use a liner when your heavy.
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:54 PM

i think tampons are safe to sleep in i sleep in them all the time, i make sure to change it as soon as i wake up but i make sure to put in a new one right before i go to bed that way its not being left inside for too long. i think its important to follow the directions on the box that way nothing happends to you. the only time i leave it in longer than when it is needed is when i sleep and that it.
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:38 PM

I can't wear tampons for the first 3 days of my period because my flow is too heavy and i'll need to replace them every 3-4 hours...but with a bad I can use the over night i'll still have to change it but it wont be as much. I mostly only wear tampons when I have a track meet or i'm working out....pads are uncomfortable for doing stuff like that especially if you have to wear spandex shorts...as far as how long should you wear them if you have a regular flow I think Linda said it best.
Old December 9th, 2009, 04:59 PM

yeah i love wearing tampons.. idunno i just forget they are there and i mean its just so much more comfortable then a pad sometimes with pads i feel like im wear a diaper becaseu they can be soo big. so yeah i like tampons
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:47 PM

i remember i was always soo scared to0 use tampons but once i did the first couple tries i had it a hard time but after that i loved it! i know its weird but seriously i agree i forget it there sometimes becaseu i can never feel it so yeah i love them i dont thin i could go back to pads
Old December 11th, 2009, 01:31 PM

i remember the first time ever using a tampon. haha i was in 8th grade and for our 8th grade promotion we were able to go to knotts berry farm. i knew it was going to be uncomfortable wearing a pad all day so i snuck some tampons with me and i ued them there. when my mom found out i was using tampons she was mad because of the dangers the pose with TSS and other health issues.