Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Bath & Body

Old October 29th, 2009, 02:38 PM

Default Turning Off the Water

I was watching a segment on tv about conserving water. They recommended people to turn off the water while they were showering. Like when your putting shampoo on your hair or something. How many of us turn off the water when we're showering? I never tried it before but I don't mind contributing a little..
Old October 30th, 2009, 04:05 PM

Default conserving water

I used to do that but I dont know it gets kind of cold so I stopped and just take short showers now. But i think it will probably be ok to do in the summer because it will be warmer so it wont be that bad but right now like my house is always cold so I rather just keep the water running and just take quicker showers instead. but i think of course the turning off the water thing when you brush your teeth is definitely something that everyone should do.
Old November 4th, 2009, 12:25 PM

I never turned off the water while I'm showering or washing my hair. I never thought about it as a way to concerve water. It would defeat the whole purpose of taking a shower, and now that its winter I'll be freezing in there. Maybe I'll narrow down my time of shower taking and stop taking an hour showers (thats sounds bad I know, but I take really long showers especially if I'm washing my hair).
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:26 PM

yeah ive actually never really even heard of anyone turning off the water in between shampoo and conditioner .. i normally take short showers anyways so i thin im good on the turning off and on.. i thin everyone in my house would be completely confused if did that ahha
Old November 7th, 2009, 02:54 PM

I don't turn off the water when I am showering unless I am going to shave. If I am going to shave that day I will plug the drain and wash my hair, body etc., and let the water just sit in the tub. By the time I am done with that, there is enough water in the tub to sit on the edge and shave my legs using the water from my shower. I think of that as my way of helping out with energy savings from all that hot water. I normally leave my conditioner in my hair while Im shaving my legs too, then unplug the drain, turn back on the shower for a quick rince and on with my day.
Old November 17th, 2009, 05:41 PM

i never turn off the shower while im in it because it makes it cold. i think it might be fine for some people but i like to take my nice warm long showers.. i know its bad for the enviroment but i love taking long hot showers. i turn on the speaker in the shower and listen to music as i take my shower. best thing invented is water proof speakers. i absolutly love it.
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:23 PM

i have never heard of that.. lol its kinda funny but im going to be honest i dont think i would ever do that espeically now becasue its freezing outside most the time.. but yeah i tink one day i might try it.. just to see how it is. lol
Old November 21st, 2009, 03:17 PM

I have to agree, I would get cold turning off the water. And ther is also that problem that when you turn the water backon you have to take five minutes adjusting the temp so it is not too hot or cold. I think that yes like if your shaving you dont need to keep turning the water on and off. I sit on the egde of my tub to shave and run a litte water in the tub to rince off the razer, then empty the tub and turn on the shower to wash.
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:55 PM

I think the thought is great and all but it really doesn't help that much. If you take an hour showere three times a day then maybe it would help alot but when you look at the big picture, yea its a start, but its not enough to make a major impact. Conserving water in a big way would be like telling people not to water they're lawns during droughts or when it rains...sometimes in my neighborhood you'll be walking late at night or something and its been rain all day...and you'll walk by houses and the sprinklers would be going off...now thats wasting water!!
Old December 11th, 2009, 05:40 PM

I think that maybe you should just take shorter showers instead because it does get cold and i like having the water on when i wash my hair but i dont mind taking shorter shower instead. also of course the turning off the faucet when you brush your teeth is a good way to conserve water and making sure to wash your clothes only when there is a full load is good too and same with the dishwasher.