Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old December 15th, 2009, 03:27 PM

water bottles are the worst for our enviroment, they never break down in our dumps and land fields people should be more careful about how much they throw the bottles away. they are horrible for our enviroment and they do so much damage and people dont even know about how bad they our. people need to start using resuseable bottles.
Old December 21st, 2009, 12:54 PM

Water expires? I never got that memo...
I guess its probable. Probably because of the minerals and stuff they put in it through the bottling process. If I were you and my water was expired I wouldn't drink it. Yea its water but the additives maybe harmful to you. Its better to follow the instructions and be safe then not and have something that could have been avoided happen.
Old January 9th, 2010, 06:58 PM

I agree with what that user said about stagnant water. The reason why water doesn't "expire" is because of it's movement and exposure to sunlight. To have water just standing still and not exposed to light, it can get bacteria....stagnant water is water expired. However, I don't think it really "expires."
Old January 20th, 2010, 03:49 PM

I thought water lasts forever....but I just checked my water bottle and sure enough theres and expiration date...its n 3 years roughly but still. Thats kinda weird. But I guess if there is one then it must be for our own health and good. But funny that it isn't commonly know for water to expire you really don't think about it. But 3 years is a long time so you shouldn't have water stored up for that long anyway.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 11:35 AM

so im sitting here examining my bottle of water for a expriation date.. its says best by 05/11 so i guess my bottle will expire on may of 2011. its kinda weird thinking about how water can expire but if you just think about it.. that water has been stuck in that same bottle and its getting stale. i think its good that they have dates on them.. just people should always be cautaious when saving water bottles for emergencys.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:53 PM

i dont think expired waterbottles would harm you but i think it has something to do with altering the taste. like the person above me said that the water is sitting in that bottle and then if its just sitting there then it does not get moved and so it will just become bad. i think in case of emergencys any water long as its clean will be good but just to drink it all the time many people may not like the way it tastes.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 04:41 PM

That is so weird I had no idea that water bottles even had expiration dates. I guess I just never notice them but I am going to check once I get home just in case. Yeah I think when you want to save water for emergences save like a carton or whatever and when you go buy new ones just switch it and drink the ones that you have saved so you will never forget about it and let it expire.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 06:36 PM

What it means is that water can go stagnant.

Essentially, water cannot really go bad when it is in motion. Like those river streams, they're moving constantly and are also exposed to sunlight, so the water is constantly fresh. With bottled water, it is in the fridge, cannot be moved, and is usually in the dark. It'll eventually take bacteria and become stagnant. That's why water has an expiration date.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:27 PM

I just noticed recently that waters expire too. I think its because of the bottle that its in and the minerals and because its air sealed. But mostly to minerals. I don't know for sure but thats my two cents on it. I wouldn't advise you to drink it after it expires. It has to be on there for a reason!!! SO don't chance it. Plus I don't think ppl hold water for two years...
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:34 PM

You should not even think about it. That date is on there for a reason...and you really shouldn't try to understand first hand what it is. I would follow the bottle requirements because Now-a-Days you never know what your really consuming after it hits that marker. But I'm sure you'll finish your water before it expires anyway so you should be fine.