Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old October 29th, 2009, 02:13 PM

Default Expired Water Bottles?

What does it mean when the water bottle has an expiration date? We all know that expiration date means that it's time to toss it out. But I thought water don't expire? So should I throw away the case of water bottle I bought or is it okay to consume it still?
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:38 PM

Water can still become stagnant. I was looking around on the web, water is continually clean because it's moving and it's exposed to sunlight. However, water that is left standing can become stagnant and continued exposure with no movement can contract bacteria, I believe.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:14 AM

I didn't know that water expired but it makes sense. I guess you can get buildup in you water if you leave it sitting for a long time especially if its in the sun. I don't think it would kill you, it might make you sick though. I dont get how it does expire because I grew up thinking that water never expires because theres nothing really in it. But maybe because of all the minerals and stuff they put in water today causes it to go bad and have a expiration date.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 04:28 PM

yeah and doesnt it have something to do with the plastic bottle too like it creates someting i forget the name but it contaminates the water but the movement odf the water thing makes sense becasue i mean your gur right if its constantly moving thats what keeps it fresh
Old November 5th, 2009, 06:42 PM

the expiration date on water i'm not quite sure but i know you should never leave your water bottles in the sunlight or in your car. the direct heat and cause the chemicals in the plastic to melt into your water which can cause cancer i believe? i'm not quite sure about the cancer part but don't drink your water bottles if it's been in the sun for way too long!
Old November 6th, 2009, 03:20 PM

I think you should just toss it just in case I dont know you want to risk getting sick because of drinking expired water. I have also heared of the chemicals of the plastic bottle possibly getting into the water because of long periods of time or if you put it into the freezer. so yeah if you want your water cold i think just put it in the refridgerator instead of the freezer.
Old November 7th, 2009, 03:58 PM

You can toss it, or reuse it! Think about all those things you do with water that doesnt include drinking it! You could water your plants with it, empty them into the dish water (your using soap so its safe). Even adding it to the fish tank! You wouldn't want to just toss all that money and water away, so try using it on different things. I don't suggest drinking it, though.
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:43 PM

This is the first I ever heard of water expiring. Its water how can it expire? Its natural. but I guess the minerals that they put in the water may cause it to have the need for an expiration date. Just to be safe I would follow the instructions and just get rid of it if its expired.

Thats crazy though I never knew that...but I'm not totally suprised. With the way water is processed nowadays its understandable.
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:36 PM

water does expire i dont care what anybody says.. i have opened a few bottles of water and went to drink it and they have the most disgusting taste ever. if water in plastic bottles gets hot the plastic emits toxins into the water so it causes the water to develop a taste like no other and it can actually cause someone to become sick. so never leave your water bottles in your car on a hot day.
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:15 PM

i went from drinking about 4 water bottles a day and about 8 glasses of water to not drinking any but maybe one or two glasses of water i need to get back to all my old retuines man this isnt good.!