Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old December 21st, 2009, 02:03 PM

The only logical way to beat food coma that I can think of is to not eat as much. I know that I've had the same problem especially around the holidays when there are so many types of food in your reach that you can't help but eat till you drop. At thansgiving this year I ate then I went to sleep then woke up and ate again. Its a bad habit but I cant help it. And telling myself not to eat that much doesn't work either when ever 5 minutes my grams asks me if I want this type of food or that kind.
Old January 9th, 2010, 04:30 PM

I'd say the only way to beat food coma is to simply not eat as much. Usually, a food coma results from you being moderately full to completely stuffed with food that your body wants nothing more than to rest so it can digest the food witout impacting your life, I think.

But yeah, eat small, and you'll be set.
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:46 PM

I never really understood what a food coma was until pretty much now. Because at first I just thought that it was when you super full and just don't want to move I didn't know that you always get sleepy too but yeah I know some people who get it bad so they just dont eat on days they have tests after lunch so they will be fully awake during the test and just eat after but I think that is bad too because then wouldn't you just be distracted by how hungry you are but anyways. i guess just try to limit yourself on what you eat and then walk around a little after a meal so your body wont go into that mode of a food coma.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 01:08 PM

I think Coral said it best. Just don't eat all that much food to feel the way you do. I mean theres no pill you can take or anything you can really do to beat the feeling that comes over you after you ate that much food. When I do have a food coma I welcome it lol. But most of the time its around the holidays when I let myself go anyway. I don't try to limit my eating habits during the holidays...I try to have a good time, be jolly, merry, and full!!!