Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old October 29th, 2009, 03:04 PM

Default How to beat Food Coma

Blah. I just ate lunch right now and I feel really really tired. I keep yawning like couple of minutes. I feel like just laying in bed right now and just going to sleeep for a couple of minutes. How can I beat food coma? How can I stop myself from feeling tired after a meal?
Old October 29th, 2009, 03:07 PM

I know what you mean. I hate feeling that way.. especially if I have to go back to work after. I feel super pooped.. Almost like the food drained the energy out of me. Maybe you should get up and try walking it off and instead of sitting at one place
Old October 30th, 2009, 03:45 PM

I actually never thought I had food comas but now that I think about it yeah do get really sleepy after eating a meal. I seriously just want to take a nap and sometimes i do which is really bad because i always have alot of hw i have to do. but i think yeah maybe taking a walk or something will help. maybe just move around.
Old October 31st, 2009, 05:20 PM

I don't think there is any way to really deter a Food Coma at all. It's usually when you have too much food that you enter that coma. The only way not to get that coma is to not eat a lot, and you'll be fine.

Buta t the very least, Food Coma is very temporary.
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:44 PM

I never heard of it being termed as food coma but it makes sense. I've noticed that when I do get food coma its because of what I ate. Like I get it bad around thanksgiving and christmas time. Its really bad, and I think most people can agree they just want to go to sleep after eating a good thanksgiving meal. Maybe you just need to make a dietary change for the better and start eating healthier, balanced, non fattening foods.
Old November 11th, 2009, 06:07 PM

perfect thread for this month considering after thanksgiving im suprised i even wake up from my nap./. yumm i love thanksgiving its amazing best holiday. stuffing is my favorite. anyways a;; this talk of food is making me hungry
Old December 4th, 2009, 11:43 AM

im sorry i hope not to affend anybody but how can you guys eat that much to make your selfs feel soo full? as soon as i start to feel full i stop eating i hate that "either i need to pass out for a nap or ima barf up my food" feeling. its the ultament worst feeling in the world to me. when i was little n would get told to eat all the food on my plate.. ugh worst.
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:20 PM

I Love food too much to just put my food down eventhough I'm slightly full. I stop eating when the food on my plate is gone. the only time I got a food coma is around christmas time or thanksgiving, when I really overdue the eating. I kinda like the feeling though, to me I feel like if I'm calm and relaxed and I'm on a cloud. Its weird but its not really a problem for me.
Old December 7th, 2009, 03:36 PM

yeah i need to beat it as well becasue my family cooks soo well all my aunts and grandmas cook all the best food especially for thanksgiving and christmas. haha and i alwasy over do it to the point where i feel like i cant move and then end up taking a long long nap and waking up to eat more haha
Old December 11th, 2009, 05:30 PM

I think take your time when you eat and also taking a walk after a meal will probably help. just walk off some of the food you just ate will probably energize you more and will also help you with gaining extra weight because of not moving after eating. Other than that maybe drink more fluids to keep you awake like water or juice or something of that sort.