Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Skincare

Old October 29th, 2009, 02:00 PM

Default Pop it or leave it?

Okay, so I have this pimple right now. It's having like a tad white head and i'm like enjoying the way it's happily placed on my face. People always say, "Don't pop it, it'll only get worst!" But still, the whitehead is like calling out for me Should I pop it and get it over with or wait till it pops on it's own? Like when I wash my face? But isn't it the same as poping it with my fingers?
Old October 29th, 2009, 02:33 PM

People always say don't pop it or it'll leave a scar. But I would always feel so self concious about it.. especially if it has a white head. To be honest, when I see a white head I just pop it using q-tips. But there is a price to pay, you might have a red blemish ring around it. Although I'm contradicting myself.. I would say just leave it. =)
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:19 AM

Use Toothpaste first and it would probably reduce the white head. If you pop it it would leave a permanent blemish that you would absolutly hate. I know how annoying having a pimple that you desperately want to get rid of. At some point you wont care if it leaves a scar you just want the white head to go away. If the tooth paste thing doesnt work then pop it, if you dont mind having a read spot on your face for a while.
Old November 5th, 2009, 06:29 PM

it's hard to wait on a pimple when it looks all disgusting on your face. i hate hate hate it! but i guess that's the best thing we can really do. sometimes when i'm desperate.. i just pop it so i can get it out of the way (even if it is the worst way to approach it).. but for the best advice anyone would ever tell you.. leave it!!
Old November 7th, 2009, 03:23 PM

I was watching Dr Oz and he did a special on this very thing! Ill share what I learned from him. He said, in most cases, you should just leave it and it will heal on its own. However, if you MUSt pop it (and I must, I will admit!) he says use a sewing needle and heat the tip (or dip in alcohol to kill germs) and slide the niddle tip through the side of the pipple head. It is like when you would put a safety pin through the first (dead) layer of skin on your hand to gross out your friends. well anyway, your going to pull up and break the top layer of skin (the white part) away from your face. Then you can gently squeeze the nasty out. Clean well and don't touch it anymore after that.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:25 PM

i will admit.. i must pop it too haha leaving it is not really an option for me i cant stand having it on my face all white and rady top go ike that id feel like thats all everyone is staring at
Old November 24th, 2009, 05:49 PM

pop IT NOW. i hate white heads.. there so gross. that could explain why i have small scars. but its totally not worth having a snowy mountain on your face. i once dated a guy who had the worst acne ever and he wouldnt wash his face or anything like that i had to break up with him i know is sounds shallow but i couldnt stand the gross spots on his face. (we broke up for other reasons as well but that contributed to the break up)
Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:21 PM

leave it! in this case this is a do as i say not as i do.. becasue believe me.. i have scars on my face that i hate but when i break out i cant help but force it out.. most the time when it just fromed so yeah listen do not pop it will .. not alwasy but it will leave you with scars
Old December 4th, 2009, 06:00 PM

Yeah I agree that you should wait but it is just so hard. I dont really pop it but I do scratch it and it usually just pops when I do that so thats really bad I guess that is why I have so many scars on my forehead. I dont really have pimples anywhere else other than my forehead which is really annoying.
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:30 PM

LEAVE IT!!! trust, you do not want to be like me and have all these blemishes on your face, and because of that have to stick with a strict facial regiment perscribed by a doctor. That mess is expensive. My blemishes are so annoying but they're slowly going away so i dont have to cover them up with make up when i go out. So its great now...the beginning stages...not so good