Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Consumer Electronics

Old October 29th, 2009, 01:45 PM

Default Laptops

My little sister's birthday is coming up next month. I'm planning to get her a laptop. My boyfriend and I are planning to put the maxium of 500 for the laptop. So what kind of laptop would you guys recommend? Mac is way too expensive and out of our range.. so no mac please. Thanks for the help!
Old October 29th, 2009, 03:15 PM

You can try to go to Best Buy, Frys, Costco to see if they have any promotion going on since Christmas is around the corner. You should consider looking into mini laptop also if it's for school purpose because they can just carry to and from school. The mini hp looks good!
Old October 30th, 2009, 04:45 PM

I have an acer netbook which is really convenient to take to school and pretty much everywhere I go and it was about 300 dollars I think its cheaper now but it works really well. I got it from frys and I think that would be a great present. but i think if her birthday is towards the end of the month then you should just wait for black friday I am sure there will be some good deals for laptops under the 500 dollar price range.
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:44 PM

i need a laptop.. its offical.. this whole using my sisters and the house computer isnt working for me anymore.. i just really need to save some money and get one .. hmm well maybe i can look for one on like overstovk or something. has anyone ever used that website..
Old November 5th, 2009, 05:40 PM

Hmm.. what's the website? was it overstock? I never heardof it before. just be sure it's legit! check ripoff reports just to be sure. my sister got a mini hp laptop. but it's only used for school purposes. it's a tad too small for me but if it's use to carry from and to school then go for a mini one. it's easier!
Old November 6th, 2009, 04:34 PM

I went to staples today and there was like a really nice dell laptop at least i think it looks really nice and it was only 499 i think that would be a good option. I was kind of playing with it and so far what i see it is really nice. I also really like it because it was like a shiny black color. but yeah just look around there are alot of laptops or netbooks that are less than 500 dollars these days.
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:20 PM

My friend just recently bought a HP laptop and that thing is amazing. I have a mac and I have to say I'm jealous. Her laptop is touch screen and you can write on it and stuff like that. And she can move it around so it turns into a notebook. I know its old technology because its been out for awhile, my dad had a laptop like that. But the fact that it was only around 400 bucks amazed me. I kindof dont believe her but thats what she said she paid for it.
Old November 13th, 2009, 05:30 PM

Default laptop

omg that sounds so cool. man now i want one too haha. Yeah I think hp laptops are great. I have one and it works really well and i love playing with the webcam it is so much fun to play with. but yeah if you are going to get a laptop for you sis make sure it has a webcam because i think it is so crucial and i know some still dont have one since i was looking at laptops at staples and some of them didnt have webcams but yeah just make sure it does before you buy it. but yeah there are some really sleak looking laptops out there that are really nicely priced which is great.
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:55 PM

I can't wait until black friday I think I am going to get a new laptop. I have a netbook and it kind of annoys me. Like since the screen is small sometimes the page doesnt show which is super annoying because if the button to click next or whatever is where it is cut of there is like no way to click it or at least i dont know of anyway. but i guess it is convenient since its very light and very easy to carry around.
Old November 25th, 2009, 03:44 PM

I'd check out Black Friday and see if you can find any sort of deals for a laptop. Personally, I would look into what your sister likes and get a laptop around that. If she only needs one for school, like college, a basic laptop with microsoft word, wireless internet, and email would be good. If she likes more media, I'd look for something that. You get the idea, find a laptop that fits them. Good luck.