Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Fragrance

Old October 22nd, 2009, 04:15 PM

Default Itchy?

I don't really use perfume or cologne anymore but recently I gave my Paris Hilton a little spray and the next couple of minutes I was itchy and red. That's not normal! What happen? It didn't happen in the pass and all of the sudden my skin is irritated? Is it Me or the perfume?
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:52 AM

Its probably the perfume. You may be allergic to it, I have very sensitive skin which is why i dont use perfume too often because my skin has a reaction to most of them. I usually just use bed bath and bodyworks' collection of fragrances because my skin actually feels refreshed after I use them and I dont get a reaction. I totally understand where you're coming from. I actually thought I was the only one with this sort of problem. Its good to know Its not unusual.
Old October 26th, 2009, 04:17 PM

its most likey your perfume becasue if you used it before and nothing happened then yeah it has to be your perfume either now the chemcals have changed and it irrates youe skin..or something.
Old October 27th, 2009, 05:51 PM

sometimes your skins levels have changed a little so it could make you more sensitive to it.. give it a month or two and try it again and see if you still get a reaction to it.. it could be that your body has changed and your alergic to one of the ingredents in it now.. idk hope u figure out what it is.
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:42 PM

ive never experinced this.. yeah maybe your allergic to it or something.. but tis weird how it never happened before,. hmm well id owuld saty awasy from that type and see if you react the same to any other perfumes.
Old November 7th, 2009, 03:27 PM

I used to always use Downey fabric softener. I used it my whole life. Then one day I curled up with a blanket I had just washed and I started to break out in a rash and man did it itch! So I went to the doctors. Sure enough, I was allergic to the fabric softener. How, I had asked him, seeing how I had used it my whole life and never had a problem before. Well he said that you can develop allergies over time. When I was a kid I didnt have any allergies. Now, I'm allergic to everything it seems! Just last month I broke out in hives from my allergy (Zertec) medication! Anyway, point is that you can develop allergies to things you weren't allergic to before. Take a benadryl, it will help with the itching and rash. And, don't use the spray anymore.
Old November 11th, 2009, 06:55 PM

hmm interesting.. this has never happened to me. and i hope it dodsnt with the most recent perfume i purchased i love it.. and the smell.. ammazziinng! let me tell you. anywyas.. yeah i agree my allergies are alwasy changing.. so it might have to be with the seasons
Old November 17th, 2009, 05:52 PM

i used to be so allergic to purfumes that if somebody had put on tomuch and gave me a hug or touched me i would get a rash it sucked so bad. im finally getting better and am able to wear mild perfumes but it sucks i can only wear certain ones with out breaking out into a horrible rash. but i thikn i will probably fully outgrow it. it just sucks have to limit my sents because of it.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:46 PM

omg i hate it when its winter time and i am not able to keep my skin moistened and non itchy.. i go to the doctors to have them try and prescribe me meds that will cause me to stop scratching my self i hope that i dont keep scratching so much that i get that thing when your skin drys out to much and it starts to flake and peel its do disgusting.