Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:57 PM

Default *Yawn*

It's not like I don't get 8 hours of sleep. I actually slept pretty early last night and got up with no problem to go to work. But as I'm sitting at work, I just keep yawning and yawning. I feel like my eyes are going to droop. Not only does this happen at work, it also happens at school. What's the problem if it has nothing to do with sleep?
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:24 AM

Your body may be even more exhausted than you actually think and you may need to have a set routine of the time you go to sleep and wake up. I myself don't sleep that much and I'm always awake and alert until about 5 in the afternoon. But after I eat I'm aler again and sometimes I don't go to sleep until 1 or 2 in the morning and i have to get up at 6. Maybe your job is not that entertaning and we all know school Isn't that fun. Maybe you're borded. I get sleepy when I'm bored. Its normal in fact most people do get sleepy when they are bored.
Old October 29th, 2009, 02:41 PM

Thanks for the information. A set sleeping schedule would be sooo nice. I wish I can sleep at 10-11pm. I want to wake up feeling refreshed. But you're right about being bored. I'm sitting here yawning right now and I feel the same way you are describing right now. *yawnnn...*
Old October 30th, 2009, 02:41 PM

Yeah I dunno I am always like tired no matter how much I sleep or maybe its because I sleep to much because I always have to take naps now like right after school when I go home i feel really sleepy. It's getting bad because now I make it a habit which makes have to stay up later doing hw. Its like I am sleeping in the day and doing hw in the middle of the night which is pretty bad because I really think my work is not that great since i am like always really tired at night no matter what like even if i take naps during the day i am still sleepy at night.
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:22 PM

My theory is that when you're sitting down or remaining still, you're already in a comfortable position, and since you are comfortable, you want to lie back and sleep, it's a natural reaction. It also doesn't help when the clothes you wear are pretty warm...think of how much clothing you wear and how thick it can be, you'll feel quite warm, and it's usually at the temperature where you're sleeping at night, so it doesn't help. XD
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:49 PM

Being a young an active individual requires you to get more sleep. Most people dont get their efficient amount of sleep and as a result are constantly tired. For me personally I'm constantly always sleepy and in need of rest. Its hard to go to sleep at a specific time at night in order to get the 8hrs in, sometimes the 8hrs aren't nearly enough sleep. I understand what your problem is.

I had to get Dark curtains for my Window to block out all the light, nothing shines through my my room at night and I love it. I also bought some soothing music based on nature that helps me fall asleep. But thats also bad because Now I'm in a pattern, but atleast it works.
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:46 PM

some health conditions can cause ones body to feel tired if your body lacks iron it can cause you to always be sleepy and also yawning can be caused by not getting enough air flow to your brain.. so if you keep yawning make sure to take a few deep breaths to your body can get enough fresh oxygen and it can help. sometimes some pleoples bodys require alot more than 8 hours of sleep.. i can sleep 10 hours wake up and then be dead tired sometimes. i think it just depends on your body.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 01:53 PM

I feel the same way really. I'm always yawning and yawning too. Like I read some of the posts on here and some of the comments actually make sense. Like the one that says that Your body may be more tired than you actually think. I know I'm exhausted but I may be more so than I actually think. Even if I do get enough sleep It still happens...but maybe what I think is enough sleep really isn't.
Old February 8th, 2010, 05:38 PM

I'm anemic so I'm worse off. My iron intake right now is at it's all time low and I'm always forgetting to take my iron. I'm always tired and exhausted all the time. It sucks really but I need to remember because I guess it would relieve my situation. I'm always tired even if a moment before I was wide awake...I'm still young and I haven't reached my peak yet so it shouldn't be because of my age lol.
Old February 16th, 2010, 03:35 PM

ugh i hate that when i feel like im always tired. right now im in the process of buying a house and moving. so right now im super stressed out and im trying to figure out what i can do because i will be living over an hour away from school and work so its like i keep stressing and so im not getting any sleep over it.. my boyfriend and i have been house hunting and finally found the city but now were just getting our final choices to figure out what house we are wanting.. hopefully i find something.!