Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:37 PM

Default Sick of fast food.

I miss my dad's cooking. I guess that's the downfall about living with my boyfriend. We aren't the best in cooking so dining out and fast food was our way to go. We just went grocery shopping yesterday for some real home-made food.. so we need some ideas.. nothing a big feast but something that is healthy and full of up for the night! Thanks!
Old October 23rd, 2009, 03:32 PM

Yeah college life pretty much means no home cooked meals I really miss it sometimes but whenever I get a chance I try to cook some real food instead of going out to eat. though I do still go home over the weekends my family usually goes out to eat so its pretty much if i cook for myself or its eating out.
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:12 PM

I don't have any good recipes, but maybe it's time you guysd invested in a recipe book for some basic meals. I'm sure that there are some recipe/cooking books that show you how to cook the basic foods so you can experiment for later.

At least, that's what I'm doing. Keep it up.
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:57 AM

The fun part about commuting to college if you have chill parents is the food!! About your problem, and I know its a huge one. There are many cook books at book stores and online that have 30 minute recipes that are amazing. I know from experience because I use them when its my turn to make dinner for my family. You can just google 30 minute recipes and you should be fine. Good Luck!!
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:39 PM

Cook books are a good idea indeed. To be honest, when I first started with cookbooks they were a tad confusing. I'm like, I don't even know what that ingredient is! What is vegetable oil? And what's the difference between that and olive oil? But after some practice, you will get the hang of it! Way better alternative than eating fast food.
Old October 30th, 2009, 02:08 PM

Yeah I think I eat too much fast food too. but i think like foodnetwork.com is a great source for quick fix. They have a lot of recipes that you can make in short periods of time. I really like rachel ray's 30 min meals so yeah i dont think 30 min is that long so if you really wanted home cook meals that are easy to make then i definitely think that foodnetwork would be great to use.
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:16 PM

I eat way too much fast food, especially when the McDonalds contest is going on....I hate those contests. D: It's like trying to win the Golden Ticket to the chocolate factory......you eat so much and then you don't win. D:

But yeah, I'm going to stop soon, the contest is almost over..
Old November 25th, 2009, 01:58 PM

I would make sure to get a cookbook.

Here was a fun cookbook that I found. It was essentially learing how to make really good meals....with stuff that coems from a can. It's pretty clever, and it's really awesome food at times. I would go with that since canned food is cheap.
Old December 1st, 2009, 06:56 PM

when i first moved out of my house when i was younger i had no clue how to make anything. so i lived off fast food for a while once i got tired of it and relised how expensive it was i started to shop at the market n try and cook things. my family bought me all kinds of cook books and things like that it took me a while but i think im finally a decent cook. im even asked to bring special dishes to family functions because they say i cook them best!
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:14 AM

Thats why I'm so happy I decided to live at home and commute to college. Not only are my parents pretty much laid back, I get to eat home cooked meals everyday. I absolutly love it, I even invite some of my friends over who are living on campus for dinner. They really appreciate it. Sometimes they just show up, somehow they invited themselves, good thing my parents don't mind...plus its kinda good because my mom cooks enough for a small army.