Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > DVD Blue Ray Exchange

Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:20 PM

Default Blu-ray or regular?

I know not all of us own a blu-ray players. I mean, I don't. But people who do own them are always telling me just how good the quality of the movie is. The downfall is that, not all movies are in blu-rays. Anyway, I was just wondering what do you guys prefer? Do you even care if it is blu-ray or not.. Or as long as you are watching the movie you don't really care?
Old October 22nd, 2009, 04:04 PM

i don't have a blu-ray player either but no biggie. i mean don't get me wrong.. i would probably get one in the future but as of right now.. it's really not a big problem for me. as long as it's the quality isn't blurry or blanks than it's good for me!! a good movie is a good movie whether it's blu-ray or not =)
Old October 26th, 2009, 01:39 PM

I dont have one either and would sometime in the future get one maybe if DVDs became obsolete. I understand that some people get it and its better quality and all that but all I want is my movies to play. I dont care if its a tab more focused or watever. If you're deciding to buy another DVD or a Blu-ray I say go for the Blu-ray. But if you have a working DVD player I would just forget about it.
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:53 PM

I agree. I just want to be able to watch my movie without any problems. In the future, I will consider getting a blu-ray player but as for now, I'll stick to my dvd player. I'll probably wait for the price to drop for the blu-ray then hop on it. It's still pretty expensive right now.
Old October 31st, 2009, 05:10 PM

Personally, I think DVD is really good. However, I have seen Blu-Ray and it does look really good. However, with older movies, I don't think you'll get much of a differenace whether it's DVD or Blu-Ray. New Movies will be able to take advantage of the technology.

But yeah, I plan on getting Blu-Ray eventually.
Old November 7th, 2009, 02:14 PM

I don't have a Blu-ray player, and yes I have heard that the movies are really nice on them. However, I still have a really old TV so what would be the point in getting a Blu-Ray player and Blu-ray disks if the picture is only as good as my TV allows? And in any case, just upgrading to a better TV would be nice enough that I wouldnt worry about moving over to Blu-ray. There is a reason why DVDs are still more popular, they work just fine.
Old November 14th, 2009, 05:15 PM

I'd like to get a Blu-Ray player.

However, in order to take advantage of it, you need a HD TV to really get the best picture, and it has to be at the right resolution. Also, I really want older movies, and how Hi-Def can you get older movies anyway? So for right now, DVD is the way to go.
Old November 25th, 2009, 03:11 PM

When it comes to Blu Ray or just regular, I think I'll just have to stick to regular old ray. *lame joke*

Seriously, at the moment, unless Blu-Rays offer something extraordinary that you can't get on DVDs...as far as I'm concerned, it's only good with hi-def televisions.
Old December 4th, 2009, 04:52 PM

To be honest I dont really know the difference between blu-ray and regular dvd players. I guess I havent seen a blu-ray player before or just didnt know if I did. So I guess I would have to say I like the regular dvd players. It is just classic and if its a movie I think as long as I can watch it then I am happy.
Old December 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM

I would go with Blu-Ray just because it seems like everything is going that way now. In a couple of years dvds probably won't exist...kind of like what happened to videos. I still have a VHS player and I love it, I can play my moms old 80s aerobics tapes and get a good work out. But seeing how technology changes it would be better if you just get the blue-ray if you're considering buying a new system.