Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:09 PM

Default Ear Wax?

i don't know how many of you do this but i do use a little scoop to remove ear wax out of my ear. mine is like little flakes as my boyfriend, he has sticky redish ear wax. is that normal? i'm just a little concern because it's red.. any feedback would help! Thanks tons!
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:51 PM

I think sticky is quite normal. Everyone have different texture when it comes to ear wax. I remember reading online somewhere that ear wax can actually be a genetic thing. As for the red, I'm not sure about that one. Ask your doctor or do some research on the internet. Good Day!
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:31 AM

Im not so sure that your ear wax is suppose to be red. You should talk to a doctor or a physican in your family if you have one. That doesn't sound right. You should research the problem and see what kind of feedback you get from the sources. You should ask your boyfriend if it hurts when he cleans his ears. Questions like that may help you when you're researching.
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:51 PM

I'd say sticky sounds normal. I suppose with different people, you would have different ear wax. Just as long as it's in there, it should be fine, I think. It's meant to be that way to catch viruses and bacteria, I think.

At least, that's what I think.
Old November 5th, 2009, 05:28 PM

I never seen people with sticky ear wax but i'm sure everyone don't have the same ear wax. lol. i don't know about being red though. red sounds like there might be some bleeding in the ear? but then again, i'm just guessing. ask your doctor just be to sure.
Old November 9th, 2009, 01:39 PM

flakey is normal but what you're boyfriend is experiencing is not. He needs to get that checked out. Maybe its nothing big and he's fine but just to make sure. Its better to do it now than be sorry later.

The doctor would probably persribe some kind of supplement or something to him to get rid of the wierd discoloration. But then again they might just tell him everything is fine. Its better to just go and find out for sure to be safe.
Old November 25th, 2009, 02:46 PM

I think personally, the sticky reddish wax is fine, but only if you're deep inside the ear......where it would do the most good against bacteria. Flakes on the edge would be fine.....but if it's red sticky wax, I'd get it checked out. Nothing serious, but it's still worth a shot to be 100% sure that you're safe.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:18 AM

Just to be safe, you should have him go to the doctor the check it out. You never know what may be the underlying problem behind that. It might be nothing, his wax may just naturally be that color. But to be sure, and to have peace of mind. Take him to the doctor or do your own research about it. You'll be suprised what you can find when you use google. If I were you I would go to the doctor and just get it settled altogether.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:48 PM

the amount and content of ear wax is produced by your body.. it is normal to go from flaky to stick but i am not sure about the red.. if its more of a orange/yellow color then i think its fine but if its red like the color of blood i would have him go to the doctor instantly.. i do know that you should be careful when cleaning out ur ears becuase if you stick things too far into your ear you can actually damagr your ear drum so becareful
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:36 PM

It might be nothing but then again you never know so you should probably take him to get it checked out by a doctor to make sure. Especially if he's in pain or something like that. I have an ear problem with too much wax being produced or something like that...its desgusting the doctor wanted to give me medication for it...because sometimes it would cause me to have dimmed hearing....I just opted to clean my ears everyday...so thats what I have to do.