Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Internet & Technology

Old October 22nd, 2009, 02:52 PM

Default HELP!!!! Virus kills =/

okay, so i have a dell laptop.. it's about one year old. i loved it. and then i stop using it because i got a mac so i let my cousins use it.. when i got it back it was full of virus. i would always have those FAKE virus lookign page that keep telling me that i have a virus.. so i download those free virus programs and what a mistake that was because that only caused MORE virus =/ how do i get rid of this?!?! my laptop is only a year old!! AHHH..
Old October 22nd, 2009, 04:17 PM

Lightbulb Becareful!

Yup. Happen to me before. Becareful because those 'free' online downloading virus programs always have a little catch to it. It might be scanning your laptop and telling you that you have tons of trojans and worms when you really don't. Take it to someone that you know how to get rid of virus or go to those computer repair places.. or go with a mac
Old October 24th, 2009, 06:14 PM

I would get it repaired by someone who is trained to fix these sort of errors if your comp is full of viruses. They should be able to help fix any sort of major sotware errorr with a nominal fee. In any case, I'd also get estimates for the service since you can get cheaper and much better service most of the time
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:28 PM

You have to wonder who would offer virus protection software without some kind of catch. You should probably take it to a professional software person, I know that staples and office supply stores have people like the geek squad who would clean out your software for you. Then after you debug you computer you should by a virus protection software for it to protect it so you won't have to go throught that experience again. It does cost money evertime you do it so just to be safe buy to protection.
Old October 29th, 2009, 02:47 PM

I hate those virus attacking people. I don't understand why they have to do it to other people. Gees. Just like hackers tooo. Argh. Anyways, if it's raelly bad.. you're going to have to take it somewhere so they can remove it for you. don't trust the whole free download virus protection.. they can be fake!!! be careful!
Old November 2nd, 2009, 04:39 PM

yeah a close family freind of our.. he alwasy helps us with out computer when we have a virus.. he oes it for a living so hes prettyg ood with it lol anyways i hate virus! ahh seriously they slow down everything .. well good luck with that hopefully you get your laptop back soon
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:49 AM

I hated getting Viruses. On my desktop I had to replace the entire thing because it was cheaper to buy a new on with all the upgrades and everything, that to keep the old one and pay to get rid of all the viruses. Now I have a macbook, I dont get any viruses. It something about macs being virus repelant. I dont know. But everyone who I've talked to who had a mac Have told me one of the plus of having a mac is that there are no viruses. Whether that is a myth or a fact is yet to be known but I'm proof that macs dont get viruses. Thats why I love them!!!
Old November 14th, 2009, 02:55 PM

Be careful. Mac is no longer virus proof!!! Keep that in mind when picking from the two. You can buy anti-virus software for pretty cheap. Also they have free ones you can use (though they are not as good) search online for software. Trust big names, not the cheap little ones. And make sure you do some research and its a real anti-virus software. You can also go to Staples or best Buy and get it from there. Those places also offer virus clean up for a price.