Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Cosmetics

Old October 21st, 2009, 11:40 AM

Default discontinued items

Its disappointing when you find that perfect shade or color to later find out that it has been discontinued. Then you have to go through all that trouble of finding another product that looks similiar to the product you originally had liked. If this has ever happened to any of you guys, how did you cope and find another color/shade?
Old October 21st, 2009, 04:52 PM

yuupppp know exactly what you mean.. i was using this mac mascara that was the hello kitty seasonal one like you know hwo they had viva la glam and waht not.. anyways i got the mascra and i really liked it! like alot which is weird becasue i dont like the regular mac mascara.. and bnow they dont sell it
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:40 PM

I had to switch all my makeup! It wasn't that it was no longer made, but I found out that they used animals for testing!!! I love animals and I don't agree with using them for testing. I saw some pictures of the animals they used and I couldn't use that makeup brand any more. So I went and did some research and found makeup brands that are animal friendly. it took a lot of testing out makeups to find the one I like. If you go on the brands website you can get them to send you free examples to try! I didn't buy makeup for like a month!
Old December 4th, 2009, 01:33 PM

wow i never knew that they send out free samples of their products i agree i hate when companys test their products out on animals. i have seen pigs and other animals with lip stick and stuff on and i jsut sit there an think omg poor piggy. but i have had to buy diffrent brands.. when i got my first appartment and was paying all my own bills i relised i could no longer afford expensive makeup so i had to find brands i could afford and products that do the same thing the expensive ones do.
Old December 7th, 2009, 02:18 PM

I know its so annoying when they discontinue stuff. Usually I call the customer service and ask them if they could tell me if a store near me hasn't ran out of stock yet. For big companies like Mac or Saphora you'll be able to get some aswers...I like using the free samples too...all you have to pay for is the shipping sometimes.
Old December 16th, 2009, 02:17 PM

I hate when this happens so much...it throws me off completly. My friend was telling me about this website she went to to find similar products...kindof like knock offs of the big name makeups but are the same. I wanted to see how hers would turn out and get her feed back...she showed me what she got and I was shocked....It was basically the same stuff just different brand name and color name...So i'm in the process of ordering i'm trying to figure out what products I absolutly need because I'm on a budget due to Christmas.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:35 PM

ugh i hate when things arent the way they should be.. haha specially when im looking to buy a product and they no longer make it. i get so upset.. i guess u can say im sorta ocd about having things set the way it always is. i cant stand clutter and the owners of the company i work for have no method of keeping the office non cluttered.. i cant stand it.. guess some people like things to be messy and dis-organized...
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:58 PM

Sometimes you can go to the company website and they'll have a sale of their discontinued products until the completely run out. But when I can't even find what I want when I do that I just go the a beauty supply store and try to find the closest matching shade. Sometimes I luck out and other times I'm not so lucky lol
Old March 22nd, 2010, 04:59 PM

Its a pain when you find out that the item that you love to use is discontined especially if it was one of the hit products too....so not fair!! But I ususally do go on the website of the place and they usually have a list of all their discontinued products that are still on sale while supplies lasts. Thats when I usually stock up...although some places don't allow you too. I get my mom and my aunt and my room mate to buy the maximum amount and then pay them each back lol. I know lame but I gatta do what I gatta do to get what I know works for me!
Old March 23rd, 2010, 05:51 PM

yes i hate it when that happen.. when the company comes out with those 'special edition for spring collection' eyeshadows.. and you fall in love with it.. go back 2 months later finding out that they don't carry anymore.. blah. i hate hate hate it. i usually just go from counter to counter looking for something similar.. the only way i cope with it =/