Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > General

Old October 19th, 2009, 01:49 PM

Default Michael Moore?

His movies/documentries are always very educational and informative...for instance the one he made on the Columbine Shooting to this day still plays back in my mind. And how can anyone forget Sicko? His recent movie Capitalism:the love story....did anybody see it? what do you guys think? are you guys fans of Moore or think he's too much?
Old October 19th, 2009, 05:55 PM

i havent really seen any of them, but i know i havea few at home and everyone is saying how capaltilsm is such a good movie.. or was a good movie>
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:54 PM

well yeah i actually got to see him when I went to a taping of jay leno he is a pretty good guy. he sang a song which i thought was pretty hilarious. but yeah and we got to see a clip of it and it looked pretty interesting so i think i might go watch it but it isnt really on the top list of the movies I want to watch but yeah if someone wanted to go watch and invited me i wouldnt say no. Like the clip we saw was of him actually going to backs and asking for the peoples money i thought that was really funny haha.
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:29 PM

I never like Michael moore to be honest. Bowling for Columbine was pretty compelling, but Farenheit 9/11 is just bad in my opinion, way too onesided and not showing the opposition. It's not good IMO. Anywayt.....that's all I have to say about that.
Old November 7th, 2009, 02:29 PM

Default More of Moore

Moore really shows a great intellegence and offers us a point of view that we would rather not see. For that, I greatly admire the guy. After all, it can't be easy to go against what the major population thinks! yet, he does just that with each of his films. He isn't afriad of going out there and showing us what is really going on. Yes, his films are sometimes hard to accept because we don't want to think of our country (esp Sicko) not being the best at something. I give him two thumbs up and can't wait to see his new film.
Old November 14th, 2009, 05:44 PM

I am not a fan of Michael Moore ever since he made Farenheit 9/11......it was so anti-Bush that it was suckening. I don't like President Bush at all, but that film was not at all entertaining. While Bowling for Columbine was good, I felt like he cornered Chartlon Heston, and he was trying to do the same with Bill O Reily.

I don't like him. XD
Old November 17th, 2009, 06:30 PM

well in once of my classes were watching the movie sicko ive seen it before and i an not 100% impressed he does good work but some of the things he said is a little bit one sided and i dont like that. we watched one of his movies and he went to the nike factory and was saying a bunch or negative things.. idk i think hes right on some things but at the same time hes so off topic.
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:20 AM

I have to agree with Elizabeth. The films are really too one sided and it's just him trying to whine about the economy, or President Bush, or the health care system. I think it's good intention, but it's badly executed, I think.
Old December 7th, 2009, 02:58 PM

Its hard to believe that he was once a college dropout, he quit because he saw it as a waste of his time. He's a very intelligient guy, I heard him speak at a college once and he was really engaging with his audience. It was the best presentation I went to by far. He's a very nice guy too and he really means well by the movies he makes...to him its a way of informing people of what exactly is going on that the media fails to inform us about.
Old December 8th, 2009, 05:13 PM

i think micheal moore has a lot of good thoughts and ideas but i do see that he is really one sided in the movies he makes. i think that it is important to pick a side and stick to it. his videos are very informative and i think many people will be able to learn alot from him if they just watched some of his films and tv specials. i think he is a very tallented individual.