Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Women's Health

Old October 16th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Default thoughts.. keep him or not..

i know this isent a relationship site but i would like some advice. so i have a boyfriend we can call jax, he has been pretty amazing for the majority of our relationship. recently hes been acting diffrent, sorta like hes not wanting to be together any more.. and so i asked him about it and he said its just hes been stressing alot latly. im not really sure to believe him or not. things were almost perfict before idk what to do.. should i break up with him? i dont believe in breaks so that wouldnt work, any ideas???
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Default Bonnie

Bonnie, I suggest that you give it some time. Look at what is going on in his life that might be causing him stress. Did he get his hours cut at work? Are there problems with his family? Has he been ill lately? With these troubling times you have to keep these stressors in mind. Stress is the biggest reason people seek psychological help. Try being supportive and asking if there is anything you can do to help ease his burden. This will strengthen the bond between you too because he knows he can count on you.
Old October 20th, 2009, 02:43 PM

sounds like he might just have alot of things going on. Maybe hes stressing with his job, money issues, school, or even family. you should talk to him and offer a helping hand with anything that might be bothering him. maybe he will open up and explain why he has been acting diffrent. im sure things will be fine.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 02:45 PM

i think breaking up is just taking it to an extreme. like someone said, you should just give it some time.. maybe he is stressing it and what he really wnats is some support from his girlfriend other than more stress upon that.. if you feel like maybe the connection is going.. and you don't feel the same then that's when a break up comes up.
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:44 PM

Sounds just like a bit of an overreacton.

I'd say stick with him but ust keep an eye outon things and see where it takes youIf there is room to realize that you need to break up do so.

Otherwise, good luck.
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:42 AM

I think you should talk to him and ask him what's bothering him and try to help him and be supportive. Maybe he is stressing over his job or maybe something drastic has happened in his life that you dont exactly know about. If he doesn't want to talk to you don't push him just give him some time but all along be supportive and show him that you're putting in the extra effort. Eventually when he's ready he'll talk to you about it.
Old November 17th, 2009, 03:40 PM

this same type of situation happened to me aswell, i was starting to think that there was another girl because i would call or txt and it would take a long time to answer and stuff like that so i was worried, turned out he was trying to pick up extra hours at work so he could afford the birthday present he gave me, ( he knew i would ask y he was putting in so many overtime hours) i over reacted n when i finally relaxed i relised i was acting crazy. so just take a few steps back and im sure things will be fine.
Old December 7th, 2009, 04:16 PM

yeah i would say the samething just sit back and see how it goes.. act like your normal self.. dont get all crazy and paranoid.. but give him space and klet him do what he has to do.. alot of guys dont feel like doing anything sexual wise when they are feeling streesed read that somewhere.
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:04 PM

well what i have read sounds like many relationships. i would just relax and see how things work out. and remember if this relationship is really what you say it is then things should work out with out having to try and force things. and from the way you have described it seems like he is just really busy with other things at the moment so those other things have him distracted.
Old December 21st, 2009, 05:37 PM

You should just continue to be supportive of him but if he doesn't want to talk to you about anything...then your relationships worn out and you should move one to bigger brighter things. In the end its your decision and if you think you can work it out by all means stay with him but if not just let it go because the longer you stay the harder it would be to get out of it. Dont stress yourself out over're not married