Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old October 15th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Default bitting my nails

i've been bitting my nails since i was a kid. my mom would always slap my hand or something whenever i do. i'm not a crazy bitter as i was back when i was kid but i do catch myself doing it once in a while. how can i just completely cut that bad habit? i want nice long nails too!!
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Default Nail Polish

No joke, nail polish will help you stop bitting your nails. I would suggest some bright color so that you will pay more attention to them when they come up to get bitten away, lol. They do make a special nail polish that has a really bad taste thats suppose to keep you from bitting your nails, but I dont know what its called. In all honesty all nail polish tastes pretty bad, so you could try that! And there are some that help strengthen your nails which could help them grow long and pretty. Hope this helps!
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:55 AM

there's this special nail polish you can get thats supposed to help stop the bitting. I don't know how...maybe it tastes bad but then again almost all nail polish do. You should try getting acrlyic nails, they are alot harder to bite. They aren't that expensive if you buy them and put them on yourself, and they aren't that hard to put on. Just follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

Hopefully that helps...
Old October 20th, 2009, 01:21 PM

I use to bite my nails too! It's a bad habit that took me forever to get rid of. I tried regular nail polish and like someone said, those bitter tasting one but they didn't help. I chewed over them (I know sounds disgusting) or I would just scratch them off and then bite my nails. Took me a while to stop but You CAN DO IT!!
Old October 20th, 2009, 05:42 PM

there are many nail polishes that have a special taste to help you to stop biting your nails the only dumb thing about that is if your like me and you lick your fingers after u have a snack or something it makes you want to vomit instantly.. :[ i agree with painting them a bright color and that would cause u to pay more attention to it.
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:08 PM

i cannot stand when my sister bites her nails around me. thats one of the things that drive me insane and she knows it too because sometimes she"ll even do it on purpose.. biting nails and cracking knucles ughh soo annoying haha we are alwasy getting in little arguments about this
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:05 PM

grrrr!! i ahte it too.. it drives me insane! i cant sound the sound of both.. seriously knuckles drive me insane and bitting nails just sounds.. ughh gross and its irritating haha im getting mad just thinking about it
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:13 PM

I have no problem with my nails so I dont know how to go about getting rid of constantly bitting your nails. You just have to have alot of will power. If I were you I'll get fake nails you cant bite those bad boys...Especially the salon done ones. It would atleast keep you from bitting your nails for awhile atleast. But hopefully it works for you.