Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Internet & Technology

Old October 15th, 2009, 05:52 PM

Default Internet on a cellphone

i have internet on my cellphone. i pay 20 dollars a month for the service. my cellphone bill is usually about 100 dollars a month. high, yes i know.. so i'm reconsidering putting internet on my cellphone. what do you guys think? should i keep it? would you guys keep it? i wish my cellphone had wi-fi =/
Old October 17th, 2009, 12:48 PM

Default Cell phones

I used to have a Rumer through sprint and had internet on my cell phone. I loved it, but your right, it does add to your bill. I liked having the internet on my phone because my friends and work could contact me through email and I would get it just as fast as if they had called me. Its great to have ifyour always online, but it does add up on your bill.
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:43 AM

I had the internet service on my phone but noticed that i didnt use it that much so i cancelled it. Mostly I would go on the internet on my ipod touch. Its free as long im in a place that has wireless internet connection. which for the most part is everywhere that i go...even the grocery store!! It was great when I had it on my phone but i figured i might as well go for what is free.
Old October 30th, 2009, 02:55 PM

Well I have a verizon phone so like they have this internet thing so that you just pay for how much you use. but yeah if you do use it alot then you should just buy it because it will be cheaper than with pay by GB thing that they have. but yeah if you dont use it that much and only really use it like for emergencies or something like searching for directions then you should just use the internet that naturally comes with the phone. but yeah i dont really use it that much so when i need it i'm usually at place with wifi so i just use my ipod touch its very convenient.
Old October 31st, 2009, 06:17 PM

All I have is a MOTOROLA SLVR, and the internet functionality is pathetic, so I prefer to not use it.

Nowadays, phones are having a lot more functionality, so I think if you like to go on the internet a lot, I'd still pass on it. I prefer to get my internet at home instead.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 04:43 PM

yeah my phone bill is about 112 soo i took off the internet a few months ago it was kinda hard becasue althoug i didnt use it that much but once i ddint have it i found myself needing to google and mapquest lol but i couldnt lol
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:37 AM

I dont have internet on my cell phone, like Davida I use my ipod instead. It works perfectly using Wi-fi. It also has different apps(the ones i downloaded were free) you can download thats supposed to be for and iPhone but you can use it on the iTouch too. You hook up you're personal email through one of the apps. Its pretty cool. And the best part about it is that its all FREE. NO bills or anything.
Old November 6th, 2009, 05:27 PM

Yeah i used to have internet on my cell well actually email which cost only 5 bucks per month and you could go on like other websites too which made it very convenient but after i renewed my plan and got a new phone i guess i dunno my parents blocked it or something because i cant even log into to the email part to subscribe for that and since i got a itouch i havent found any times that i actually need to use internet. also because the itouch has wifi i have found a lot of places that i didnt know had wifi which is pretty cool.
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:08 PM

if you have a laptop its so not worth it. But if you dont then yea i guess you should get it. Also it depends on what type of phone you have, if you have a smartphone like a blackberry then it makes sense to get the web plan. I dont have internet on my phone because my ipod touch has wi-fi so that solves my problem...and I always have ma ipod with me so it makes sense to use that because its free.
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:26 PM

i like the internet on my phone there are alot of times when i dont have acess to a computer and i need something like anumber or my family and i take long roadtrips so sometimes we get into little argument where we need to know the answer to like a trivia question haha but yeah other then than that i think it still comes in use when you have it just whe your board or something