Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old October 15th, 2009, 05:45 PM

Default Bad breath

i know we all have gone through this issue before. you can admit here. don't worry i won't tell! but anyways, what are some of the things you can do to know you have bad breath??? because you know, you can never smell your own breath and you don't want people to look at you awkward.. what are some of the ways you can tell?
Old October 15th, 2009, 05:53 PM

i swear someone told me that if you lick your wrist and let it dry for about 2 seconds then smell it..that's how your breath smells like. that's a lie because when i tried it.. it doesn't work@ hahah it smells like nothing. but if your insecure about it.. chew gum or keep mints with it!
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:45 PM

i think the 10 second lick thing works.. i always worrie about my breath smelling so i lick my wrist and sniff after ten seconds if i dont smell anything i usually figure my breath smells fine but if i get a wiff of something i usually decide i have smelly breath and that i need to brush if i can if not i need some mouthwash or some ments.
Old October 17th, 2009, 05:25 PM

I agree. I've heard the 10 second thing is a pretty sure bet. I also heard that when you floss your teeth if you smell (yes, I know its really gross) that junk that comes out of your teeth. If it smells then your breath smells bad. Gross. There are some mouthwashes that are suppose to really be helpful for bad breath. I cup my hand in front of my nose and mouth and breathe out when im in the bathroom. if its bad, i grab one of my mints.
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:29 AM

I think if you do the whole lick your hand think let it dry and smell it, its a waste of time. I don't think anyone can really tell if they have bad breath its all subjective. Just be prepared and carry mints and gum with you so that you won't have a major embarrasing moment with some one telling you that your breath smeels bad.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:06 PM

bad breath comes from your stomach. i believe that's what DrOz said on his show.. and the also caused by plaque build up in your teeth. go to the dentist to get your teeth cleaned and maybe that would help with the bad breath.. and of course.. carry some gum and mints.. those always help.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 02:09 PM

the major one I can think of is if you have a bad taste in your mouth then you have bad breath. The best way to take care of it is to be on alert at all times keep some mints or gum handy. Just to be on the safe side...its so embarrasing to be told your breath stinks...so do what you have to do to make sure its not. And if you think it is but your not sure...it probably is.
Old February 6th, 2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Lam View Post
bad breath comes from your stomach. i believe that's what DrOz said on his show.. and the also caused by plaque build up in your teeth. go to the dentist to get your teeth cleaned and maybe that would help with the bad breath.. and of course.. carry some gum and mints.. those always help.
I'm not going to put my faith into something that a telelvision doctor has said. Personally, I see bad breath coming from just not being able to breath. If you close your mouth for a long period of time, and open it , your breath can get smelly, especially when you've just eaten, because the food is starting to break down in the warm mouth. I'd say brush your teeth, floss, and carry mints if you're really unsure after that.
Old February 8th, 2010, 11:44 AM

yeah i always worrie about the same thing espeically if someone is close to my mouth like doing my makeup eyebrows something! haha so yeah . i try to alwasy carry gum but it makes your breath worst sometimes.

i heard once that bad breath can be caused by not drinking enough water.
Old February 8th, 2010, 05:05 PM

I'm with the whole "if your mouth tastes bad or feels slimy to you then your breath is stank"

There is a lot of truth to that. And I trust that If you heed to that guide line you won't have any problems at all. Its okay I guess. Different people have they're ways sooo I hope that it gives someone some kind of light. I can't think of any other way.