Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old October 15th, 2009, 06:34 PM

Default Teeth falling out

my grandpa use to have a mouth full of teeth.. but i notice as he's getting older they all eventually fell out? does that only happen to certain people when they get old because they don't have enough vitamins in their bodies or does this happen as you get old? i don't want to lose all my teeth!
Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:20 PM

it does happen to some old people.. my grandma doesn't have her teeth also. i never had the guts to ask her because i don't want to offend my grandpa. lol. but it could be that maybe they don't have the vitamins the body need? interesting question, i need to research on this so it doesn't happen to me when i get old =)
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:27 AM

My grandma has the same problem. And I always wondered how come? But was too scared to ask her, being that i didn't really want to hurt her feelings and it would be mean of me to ask, I think. I personally think that if you take good care of your teeth and brush and floss daily you shouldn't have a problem at all. But maybe people dont loose thier teeth because they dont brush their teeth. I've always been taught that lol. I'll have to look that up and see because I dont want to loose my teeth either.
Old October 29th, 2009, 03:10 PM

It's weird because my grandpa still had a couple of teeth but I remember my uncle had to take him to the dentist to actually get them all removed. I asked why and all he told me was Because he had to. I'm like okay.. how informative! Sounds utterly painful though
Old December 1st, 2009, 03:40 PM

im not sure but i think it all just depends on the type of teeth and how stong your enamal is.my grandmother had to have all her teeth removed when she was like 16 and ever since then she has had to wear either dentures or other devices to make it look like she has teeth. i couldnt imagine having no teeth at the age of 16, wow but seriously shes amazing.
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:33 PM

Thats why I brush 2-3 times a day. My grandma lost all of her teeth but she was 90 something so thats understandable. People live along time in my family so if that does include me later on, I want to be able to have my teeth still and enjoy life with them. There were alot of things my grams didn't like to eat because it was uncomfortable for her....and I dont want that to happen to me so i'm taking care of my pearly whites now....
Old February 1st, 2010, 12:03 PM

yeah its a touchy subject i know if i lost my teeth i would have some serious self concious issues. lol so yeah i mean its hard enough for our grandparents becasue they have to become dependant on almost everyone throughout the day and im sure thats hard, i know i would hate it
Old February 16th, 2010, 05:00 PM

everybodys teeth are made a little diffrent some people have brittle teeth while some have super super strong teeth.. it is horrible when you see somebody with missing teeth and you wonder if their teeth look like that because they didnt take care of them, or if there like that because of drugs, or if there enamal is just really bad. its sad when you see people getting older and they lose their teeth...
Old February 27th, 2010, 06:31 PM

I think it eventually happens as time goes on. You lose your teeth as time goes on, but I think it's due to a loss of vitamins and of course, your bones get weaker. In any case, I'm thinking if you want to keep your teeth, you need to eat better, be more nutritious, and work out. At least, that's what I think.
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:54 PM

Thats a good question though. I never really thought of that. All I've been told is that if you don't brush your teeth or take care of them they would eventually fall out. But I mean thats kinda harsh. But my guess is that its probably natural if your old to loose teeth. But dentures are pretty high tech these days. you can bearly tell the difference.