Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Men's Health

Old October 15th, 2009, 05:32 PM

Default Losing their hair

i always wondered.. why is always men who tend to lose their hair when they get older? i mean women do too but not to the point where they are bald. does this have anything to do with hormone levels or is this all just genetics? because of my uncle is balding, but my aunt (his sister) still have a headful of hair.. why is that?
Old October 17th, 2009, 05:38 PM

I think its genetic and has to do with hormones. I was on a birthcontrol for a little while that made me loose my hair. Another theory is that stress causes your body to produce cortisol which affects the health of other hormones and can cause you to loose you hair when your stressed out. I'm pretty sure that has a lot of ground because my mother lost a lot of her hair when she got let go from work. Maybe men have a lot more stress that they don't let out.
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:34 AM

Some people say its because a man has more stress to deal with than a woman. But we all know in this time and age that's not the case anymore. I personally think that its genetics and hormones. Women have different hormone levels then men which may be a explanation as to why hormones play a lead role in balding. I always wondered about the balding thing too...some guys start going bald in their 30s which is unusual because that's considered relatively young in society.
Old October 19th, 2009, 05:52 PM

yeah i think its gentic somewhere down the line.. im sure it skips a few ppl just like eye color and hair color so there really no way to tell. anyways. i think id cryif i started losing my hair espeically if i had nice full hair my entire life. aww poor men
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:44 PM

lol i worrie about my guy not losing his hair because everybody on his dads side of the family has a full head of hair. his dad is almost 60 and he has longer hair than me. and mine is almost half way down my back. haha i cant picture my hunny with a pony tail when hes like 60. but i mean atleast i dont have to worrie about him having bald spots.
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:26 PM

I've always wondered that too. That and how some guys can start going grey in their 30s, and in some cases start balding that early. what i've been told was that its all due to genetics or biological makeup. If you're dad/mom has a balding or greying problem you might have the problem too. I never thought about it that way, but I guess it makes sense.
Old December 16th, 2009, 12:59 PM

it may be genetics or just the way the male men are in the family. For instance my grandpa has a full head of hair as did his father and so does my father. However, my mom's dad started balding and greying early so my mom's brother, my uncle, is starting too. Its weird though when you actually think about it. It makes sense though if genetics has something to do with it...
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:51 PM

I think its mostly gentics. My grandpa has a receeding hair line and I've noticed that my dad is starting to get one too. Its kind of funny too. But I know some of my guy friends tell me that when they're trying to go out with a girl they meet her mom because thats what shes going to look like when she gets older...if the mom is hott then its fair game...I guess its the same with guys lol. My guy friends are so weird....
Old February 20th, 2010, 06:23 PM

I say it's genetics. Like there are families whose men still have a full head of hair when they're older and there are men who bald earlier....it's gotta be genetics, otherwise, men would be bald at a certain age, I think

So yeah, that's what I think.
Old March 17th, 2010, 11:26 AM

It can be genetic or stress related. I know its the same with graying too. Like I know people who are in their late 20s who are already grewing and some slightly balding. But guys tend to be able to get away with stuff like that. its the girls who have a harder go when it comes to balding or even graying. Some men lets it be while women stress over it even more.