Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Bath & Body

Old October 15th, 2009, 04:58 PM

Default cracked heels

i don't know if it's because i wear too much sandals but my feet is going through a bad phase right now. it's not too crazy but my heel is getting a little dry on me. what are the methods that i should follow to getting my heel back into silky smoooth phase?
Old October 15th, 2009, 05:48 PM

well after you're all showered and clean.. you can use this comb lookig thing that's has a metal plate (i have no idea what it's called but you can get it at wal-mart or target) and you can scrub off all of the dead skin.. i remember when i was watching oprah and they said you can use oxy pads too to clean it.. adn then put vaseline or lotion on your feet and put on socks when you sleep!
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:23 PM

yea its about getting off the dead skin.. i will never forget when i was little i was talking to a neighbor about when she had her baby.. (shes like 70) so this was a while back she wanted her feet to look pretty so she put down a scoop of dry laundry deturgent and rubbed her feet on the little detergent balls untill her feet were pink and smooth.. she said they didnt have all the fancy stuff we do now days n thats what she had to do!
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:17 PM

Default Wow thats cool

Wow Bonnie thats pretty cool. I never would have thought to use laundry soap to keep my feet nice. I've done dancing my whole life and getting my feet to look nice and smooth has always been hard. And who likes going and paying all that money to have someone else do it for you?! Not me, thats for sure. I'm going to have to try that trick and see if it works.
Old October 19th, 2009, 10:20 AM

I used to have this problem too especially being an athlete. I got one of those foot filing things kinda like the pet egg thing on tv. after I showered I would scrub the bottom of my feet and then use the pet egg. Then I would put on bert's bees foot lotion and then put on some silky socks. After about a week or so I saw a huge improvement. Now my heels are crack free!!
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:22 PM

yeah i normally wearsandles or heels so my feet do get pretty dry and cracked and when i get my toes donwe i alwasy have to have them remvoe the callus... but im going to try that laundry detergent thing.. seems legit and it might work.. i personally cannot stand dry skin ugh haha
Old October 30th, 2009, 04:10 PM

My heels aren't that bad so I dont really have that much dead skin so all I do is put lotion on them every night. So far its so good but I guess i'll see as time goes on since i think it is more when people get older. yeah I think i might yet the calluses rubber thing that you can get at like those drug stores. it seems like it works well.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 05:46 PM

yeah my sister has the same problem.. shes alwasy wearing heels or sandels and ehr feet are alwasy dry but not in a gorss way she obviously tries to do what she can about it.. but other then that.. she still has cracked heels
Old November 4th, 2009, 12:29 PM

I used to have badly cracked feet until I discovered the pet egg thing. I just used the pet egg then I lotion my foot with foot lotion, put on those silky socks, and my fuzzy slippers and I'm good to go. After a couple of weeks of doing that I saw a huge improvement of my condition and I'm glad I found a way to get rid of it for good!!!
Old December 7th, 2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
yea its about getting off the dead skin.. i will never forget when i was little i was talking to a neighbor about when she had her baby.. (shes like 70) so this was a while back she wanted her feet to look pretty so she put down a scoop of dry laundry deturgent and rubbed her feet on the little detergent balls untill her feet were pink and smooth.. she said they didnt have all the fancy stuff we do now days n thats what she had to do!
oooo i would have never thought of this.. im going to try it becasue although im wearing uggs right not.. i still wore sandles yesterday and basically everyother day soo yeah normally its either boots.. heels boots with heels and flipflops lol