Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Cosmetics

Old October 15th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Default Proper way to wash make up brush

okay so i need help. i heard that it's good to wash your brushes every 2 weeks? true? and if i do need to do that.. what do i use? my friends were telling me that it's okay to use shampoo to wash your brush.. it'sl ike washing your hair..?? anyone have any proper ideas on how to clean makeup brushes?
Old October 16th, 2009, 01:14 PM

i think it is very important to wash your brushes specially if you use water with your brushes.. and about ever two-three weeks. i usually use makeup remover. or shampoo depending what im doing or where i am at the time.. if im at home its usually brush cleaning solution if im out then i use what ever is avaible to me.
Old November 7th, 2009, 03:31 PM

Yes, it is important to wash your brushes. Its a simple way of keeping you from getting anything from an infection, pink eye, to pimples. I personally use an anti-bacterial hand wash on my eye and lip brushes and shampoo on my bigger blush brushes. I also throw away old sponges and get new ones after two or three uses. There is no need to keep them if they spead around nasty germs!
Old November 19th, 2009, 05:41 PM

yeah the sponges and brushes can hold sooo much germs! kind of disgusting!!! it is very important to wash the brushes because remember, you are applying it to your face. last thing we all want is some nasty breakouts from our own mistakes.. i never tried it with anti bactria soap before so i'll give that a try.. i usually just use shampoo too! is there a specific one you use?