Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > General

Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:26 PM

i think they were much more creative when making older movies like in the black and white movies using chocolate syrup to make it look alike som one was bleeding to death. those things are really cool. i also like how like someone else said they put alot more time and effort into making the older movies.. i think thats what makes them good, not the computer generated effects..
Old January 23rd, 2010, 05:03 PM

Personally, I think with older movies, there was less focus on making money and more about creating art.....so more movies today, you won't be able to do as much artistically because you have to make a return on your investment, so that's why a lot of the movies are coming out a little samey....which is definately not good at all. D:

At least, that's what I think.
Old January 27th, 2010, 01:27 PM

I like watching older movies especially the Romances...the way they were done were remarkable. As far as action and Comedy goes...I don't really care to much for. The horror is pretty cool to watch. I went to Universal Studios when they were celebrating early film makers and they had some cool trivia type things there....I hope they do something like that again because it was really cool.
Old February 1st, 2010, 06:25 PM

I think old movies are good because of the famous actors and roll models...I think they're better yea...I spent alot of time with my Gran when I was younger and thats all she would watch. So i'm partially biased. But I agree with Hazel about the whole Action and Comedy movies being better now. But the romances and horror back in the day are classics....and the suspense don't forget about that one.
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:14 PM

I would think that older movies are better too. I mean movies now do have technology on thier side but no movie in the last 10 years has been considered a classic....so I guess older movies are better. Plus some of the romance and suspense were really good. I have no problem watching either or though so its all good for me.
Old February 27th, 2010, 05:54 PM

I think nowadays, movies are more commercial, and it is essentially focusing more on overall profit instead of the art. Movies are more or less safe in terms of plot, and it's really iffy on the kind of movies that are out there. Most of them feel very samey as a result, they may make some money, but it won't be revolutionary. xD

But that's what I think when it comes to new movies.
Old March 6th, 2010, 05:48 PM

Personally, I do like older movies a lot. I checked the movie theater as of late, there really isnothing that stands out, now it's just something that is more or less mindless or with a lot of substance IMO.

Even Avatar wasd simply meh in the long run. D=
Old March 13th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Personally, I have to think that in the end, it's not so much the fact that movies today are bad, I think it's because movies are designed more to make profits, and as a result, if you want movies with a greater chance of subtance or soul to them, you need to go beyond Hollywood and find something different in the indie scene. One of my favorite movies, which should never have worked, was a indie movie called Bubba Hotep. xD

Check it out, it is awesome.
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:42 PM

I think older movies are better. I've always liked black and white movies better than colored ones. I grew up watching tvland....that showed the old shows like green acres, the hillbillies, the old old Adams Family show. I haven't seen those in ages though. My favorite black and white movie that I watched was The Heiress....Loved it!
Old April 3rd, 2010, 02:13 PM

I don't think, personally, the movies are necessarily better. I think when it came to the visuals, we had a better time believing them because they were done using puppetry, and real life items to make the effect believable, if a little stiff. Personally, that helped a lot. Then again, I think the stories in today's movies are defiantely weaker than before, so maybe that's why movies today are generally better.