Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old October 10th, 2009, 01:19 PM

Default Cheap healthy food, does it exist?

when I went shopping for groceries, or when I go to get something to eat, it seems all of the horrible fast food are the ones that are the cheapest, and anything remotely healthy is at least 20%-75% more expensive than the cheaper option. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get or find cheap but healthy food.
Old October 12th, 2009, 04:27 PM

yeah there are alot of items you can find at a cheaper price. .. i think ti just deoend son where you shop try target ,. thery alwasy have alot of the name brand things we like.. and its alwasy a fewe dollars cheaper.
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:39 AM

Most healty foods are expensive because of the way they are unprocessed much of the time. Places like Super-Walmart have organic foods for not too expensive and they have the cheapest I've seen. Most Health food places that solely sell healthy food are very expensive but it seems like regular grocery stores are starting to carry healthy organic foods that are cheaper.
Old November 6th, 2009, 04:04 PM

I think there are cheap healthy options out there. I think it is always cheaper to buy produce that is in season. So when you want to cook some healthy food than you should just look for recipes where in season produce is the center of the recipe. Also I think that there are places such as costco where you can by affordable produce.
Old November 21st, 2009, 06:42 PM

I was sitting at my doctors office this week and I saw an old Time magazine sitting there. The headline was something like The Real Cost of Cheap Food. It talked about all the problems with cheap food, like all the chemicals and stuff they put into it to make more of it so it could be sold for cheap. It was sort of scarry. I read that they use hormones and sterods in chickens to make them grow faster and fatter so they could sell them at a lower price so more people would buy them. ICK!
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:31 PM

Its out there you just have to know where to shop. Plus theres always coupons and memberships you can join at supermarkets to get discounts. Organic foods are kindof expensive if you go to places like whole foods or trader joes but if you go to vons that have thier own orgainic brand you'll be able to find all kinds of stuff for not that expensive at all.
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:59 PM

Its almost imposible to find healthy food as cheap as unhealthy. You just have to look at it in a different light. Its the extra dollar or two worth it? I would think so because over time you'll see a difference. Its hard to always eat healthy food all the time because not only doesn unhealthy food taste good its extremely cheap. A dollar can go far at McDonalds or BK...It comes in handy if you're broke and starving but in other situations its not was fotunate as you may think.
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:11 PM

this is exactly why i love fresh and easy all there food is well freah and im sure they have organic food there but really they have premade meals that are healty for you. and its very afford able.
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:34 PM

If you only knew what was in all those cheap unhealthy foods...the expensive organic is so worth it. People get sick off of that stuff. I got to trader joes and I just go crazy because they have so much stuff avialable. I was exstatic when I saw that Vons started selling organic stuff. My family are health nuts everything in our house is organic.
Old January 9th, 2010, 06:53 PM

I think personally, some grocery stores do have cheap but fresh food, but then again, you usually get what you pay for, so if you're paying cheap, you're not likely going to get the best merchandise where if you pay the high price, you're going to get a lot more usually. At least, that's what I think.