Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old December 9th, 2009, 11:26 AM

Oh I know the feeling. I hate it too, even the most athletic people have this problem...we call it lactic acid build up in our legs. And It hurts so much especially when you're coach just tells you to run through it even though you're legs feel like they're about to burn off if you dont stop....and stopping is even worse. The best thing to do is to continue working out eventually the pain would go away.
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:54 AM

Whats a work out with out feeling the burn? lol It still sucks though. Your legs may be buring because you didn't do the proper streches to loosen them up. Not doing that may also cause you to get cramped up and all that bad stuff. Also it might be because you're not drinking enough water...thats very important. Sometimes when you run throught the pain it eventually stops hurting...so maybe you can try doing that as well.
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:29 PM

I think its normal for you legs to hurt when you work out especially if you're not in the greatest shape physically. Even so when a physically fit person works out and jogs for a long period of time there is a certain point where in thier legs begin to burn. Just make sure you stretch well because that helps relax your muscle. Also eat bananas you might need potassium...Also the previous posts had some good points so you should seriously consider thier advice as well.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 06:32 PM

I think it has to do with both the way you land on your feet as well as your shoes. Like you need some sort of running shoes and on top of that, they need special soles that'll work well for your running shoes. On top of that, I think if you land ...I don't think if you land on the ball of your feet, you'll be fine, though I'm not 100% sure.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:42 AM

That just means your really out of shape. If you're starting to burn so soon....But your legs are supposed to burn when you work out. But not after 10-20 minutes. The best way to get through it or over it is to keep on running and ignore it. Thats why alot of people tell you that if you're sore to work out instead of resting it. It works trust me.
Old February 8th, 2010, 03:50 PM

Its supposed to hurt but not sooo soon. You should probably try getting gel insoles or something like that. If that doesn't help then it must be because you have low muscle tone in your legs. Which isn't good. So you should work out you legs...and Do some lundges or leg pushers. at the gym or somthing like that. you legs might not be flabby but your muscle build up isn't that great
Old February 17th, 2010, 11:40 AM

My first guess is that you need to stretch for a longer period of time. Maybe put on some Icy hot or something like that to get your legs warmed up. You should already have a tube of that stuff...it relieves soreness in a jiffy. Literally.

I wouldn't say that its a major problem. Just running through it might help to. If your sore you should work out. It helps to relieve the pain (as crazy as it sounds).
Old March 10th, 2010, 02:59 PM

I would think that its normal too. What you can try doing is just stretch more and for a longer period of tme. It might just be your body trying to get used to doing a workout. Its really hard on your body to get in shape and thats why you get sore and you feel like if you just got beat up sometimes. I wouldn't stop running/jogging if I was you at all. The more you work out the better it should get.
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:49 PM

Shin splints sounds like a goodidea, I never thought of that. Personally, when I jog, I as always told to watch my form, to basically watch hwo I run, how I land, and which part of my foot will hit the floor when I run.

I didn't even think of shin splints. I'll try that.